espresso machine! for new bakery cafe owner!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well I do appreciate the comments. It's not so much deciding to make an appearance (lmao), but more about having time and energy. I struggle with life threatening chronic obstructive asthma and allergies every day and some days are better than others. Not to mention lots of family related activities the last 4 months, which included moving. No complaints though as I still enjoy wreaking havoc on various forums here and there.

boltdaddy

Oct 10, 2013
sunnyside new york
Visit site
We all have our opinions, but I do speak with a lot of experience on this topic. I've had the pleasure of using several high end commercial 2 and 3 group machines. Owned and used a 2 group NS Aurelia commercially for 2.5-3 years and highly recommend it. It is a heat exchange machine, but Nuova Simonelli really mastered temperature control with this machine. Whether it sits for 5 mins or 1 hour there is no need to do any cooling flushes as is typical with most HX (heat exchange) machines. People can say what they want, but I did fairly extensive tinkering/testing and the machine was always extremely consistent. I've extracted from both groups while steaming with both wands (all at once) and it never dropped below 1 bar on boiler pressure. It constantly recovered and always kept up with any demand I put on it. What I really appreciated was the lever style steam valves... much better control than any knob style valve I've used. No telling how many thousands of drinks I created with it and only maintenance was preventive maintenance items, such as group gaskets, group screens and a steam wand seal rebuild from articulating so much.

thank you so much!!!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I know many small chains of coffee shops only use NS Aurelia. If you are good with your hands, its not that hard to rebuild the Aurelia i heard. I never had done it but I know few who does regularly. And also their reps are easy to work with and parts are available. Good Luck ;)

asifmalik

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Of course,there are many new models of coffee machines are available in the market.I will suggest you to go for the best even if it's a bit expensive.You can opt for the Coffee centre by Siemens from urbanlux.co.uk.

Gmbaltrusitis

Oct 22, 2013
Long Island, NY
Visit site
For what it is worth, I have found that going top of the line is not always the best option, especially if you do not have the money. Try to keep it to the middle of the road. Bells and whistles eventually break. While I would like to drive a corvette or a Bentley Continental, I can afford to drive a Mercury Marquis. That being said, make sure you find good people to repair any and all of your equipment and keep them happy. They in turn will keep you happy when you have breakdowns.