Favorite coffee creamer?

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think CoffeeBeanMaker is showing his/her age. 40 to 50 years ago thats how most people made their coffee. Put a few scoops of coffee into a pot and bring to a boil over a flame or stove and then drink the ensuing sludge that people called coffee. Gladly, we have come a long way since then.
Brian

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Believe it or not, there are still some people who make their coffee that way.

However, when I read that people use "coffee powder" I always wonder if they are referring to instant coffee granuals.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
He could be referring to Turkish or Greek coffee....baby powder fine ground coffee. You heat it to a slow boil 3 times then drink very slowly. I love the stuff!!

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
He could be referring to Turkish or Greek coffee....baby powder fine ground coffee. You heat it to a slow boil 3 times then drink very slowly. I love the stuff!!

Never tried it. How's the flavor differ?

Also, you bring it to a boil 3 times, but do you let it cool off till it's room temperature in between? (sounds like a stupid question...) I tend to drink most coffee slow, since I worked out that my breaks were controlled by our coffee, the boss made the mistake of telling us we could finish our coffee before getting back to work LOL ;)

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The flavor is different and hard to describe. Not sure if it is cooled to room temperature. Have only tried it a few times and was not privy to the brewing process. I just remeber that alot of sugar was involved and I am not a coffee with sugar person, even tho I do enjoy iced capps which are loaded with sweetner.
Brian

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The flavor is different and hard to describe. Not sure if it is cooled to room temperature. Have only tried it a few times and was not privy to the brewing process. I just remeber that alot of sugar was involved and I am not a coffee with sugar person, even tho I do enjoy iced capps which are loaded with sweetner.
Brian

To me, if the coffee is of decent quality, sugar really isn't needed. Cream is different than sugar of course :) Yes, iced capps are pretty good. I remember Timmy's having a decent one. They still have those flavor shots you can add in?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
You do not let it cool to room temp..it starts to boil and you can see the mixture rising...you take it off the heat for a moment till the coffee starts to settle. It is basically moving the grinds up and down through the water...it is amazing stuff! Heavy, syrupy and rich rich rich!! Some people grind cardamon in with the coffee...oh and I believe the difference between turkish and greek is that the turkish has a ton of sugar and the greek has none.

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You could be right Topher cause it was some business associates from Turkey who offered me the coffee. And yes even timmy's is offering flavor shots for their coffees.
Brian

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You do not let it cool to room temp..it starts to boil and you can see the mixture rising...you take it off the heat for a moment till the coffee starts to settle. It is basically moving the grinds up and down through the water...it is amazing stuff! Heavy, syrupy and rich rich rich!! Some people grind cardamon in with the coffee...oh and I believe the difference between turkish and greek is that the turkish has a ton of sugar and the greek has none.

Seems like a lot of work to go through, must be worth it. I'll have to see if I can pick up the fixin's and try it myself... Although... I imagine only specialty shops have it, as I haven't seen it in the local supermarket here...

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So was watching T.V. last night and saw a commercial for Baileys and coffee. Well done and like I said Baileys is the only Irish Cream to use.
Brian

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So was watching T.V. last night and saw a commercial for Baileys and coffee. Well done and like I said Baileys is the only Irish Cream to use.
Brian

They put Marshmallows in it this time? I seem to recall a campfire commercial where they put Baileys in coffee in then they added Marshmallows.. I thought for the longest time it was actually hot chocolate until the wife pointed out to me that the bag was instant coffee....

I actually love the Cinnabun creamer from International Delight at home but when I'm at the shop I usually use half & half or Soy milk. Always put some type of flavoring syrup in though. I'm into the toasted marshmallow right now but it changed.
Also with the Turkish & Greek coffees, I love espresso but those blends are way too rich for me but you hit the nail on the head when you said about the difference & the taste.