Favorite coffee creamer?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I use sweetened evaporated milk as a base, cut it with whole milk and add any flavor that suits me at the time. I use Watkins flavorings because they taste the best. My current favorite is a few drops of caramel and a few drops of peppermint. I don't know why but that combination is really tasty.

That's an interesting combination. How much whole milk do you use to cut the sweetened evaporated milk? Is it equivalent to a sweetened Half and Half?

BuzzRoaster

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I never really measured it. I just do it to taste. It's probably around a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio, milk to sweetened condensed milk. I will usually make a bunch at a time and keep it in the fridge. It keeps for quite a while.

IMO, it tastes better than store bought liquid creamer and it's much cheaper.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I never really measured it. I just do it to taste. It's probably around a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio, milk to sweetened condensed milk. I will usually make a bunch at a time and keep it in the fridge. It keeps for quite a while.

IMO, it tastes better than store bought liquid creamer and it's much cheaper.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you mix a bunch at a time. Do you use the whole can of sweetened condensed milk all at once, or do you just use some and leave the opened can in the refrigerator? I've always heard that it's not good to leave the remaining condensed milk in the can once you open it - even if it's in the refrigerator.

BuzzRoaster

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the whole can. It usually makes just shy of a quart I think. I guess it all depends on how sweet you like your coffee. I personally don't like it too sweet. It works really well with iced coffee too.

Next time I make some I'll measure everything out and write it down so I can share.

Hoosier

Sep 2, 2018
Visit site
Generally just heavy cream for me. And sometimes almond milk. I recently tried the "nut pods" brand of creamer made with almonds and coconut and it's pretty good.