Help me pick a grinder!

millingtonmike56

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
My wife recently bought a Breville Smart Grinder and a DeLongi Expresso Machine for me. After struggling for over a week, I returned the Breville grinder because I could not get beans to feed through it. Breville tech support suggested that I try a smaller bean (?!). Since then, I've been studying reviews and forums for over a month and I'm still afraid to make a purchase. I've seen comments about other grinders not doing well with dark roast coffees. I've seen lots of reviews and videos that seem to indicate that the Breville Smart grinder is great. Is this a common problem?

VeraKeisey

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
How about Le'Lit PL53, a stepless grinder, which seems to be what is needed for obtaining the proper grind for Silvia.? Still over 100 bucks but maybe what you'll need to save for. Hand grinder, if you wish, will be a better option than simply buying a cheap burr grinder. Please let us know what you decide and good luck.
Maybe this

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
My wife recently bought a Breville Smart Grinder and a DeLongi Expresso Machine for me. After struggling for over a week, I returned the Breville grinder because I could not get beans to feed through it. Breville tech support suggested that I try a smaller bean (?!). Since then, I've been studying reviews and forums for over a month and I'm still afraid to make a purchase. I've seen comments about other grinders not doing well with dark roast coffees. I've seen lots of reviews and videos that seem to indicate that the Breville Smart grinder is great. Is this a common problem?
That's odd, the Smart Grinder is a good grinder, not as good as the Preciso but still good. I had no problems with it. That's odd they would tell you that, it's not darker roast that cause issues (unless they are extremely extremely oily) but generally lighter roast as the beans are much harder.