How To Manufacture K Cups - Small Business

Rob

Jul 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Visit site
K-cup co packaging

Yea, the GMCR patent expired last year. There are a lot of companies out there providing packaging for K-cup solutions.

Hi Everybody:
I work with Intelligent Blends. We are a co packer for Keurig compatible –single serve cups
in San Diego, CA. We provide turnkey custom manufacturing/packaging for Keurig compatible single serve coffee makers. Just provide us with green or roasted whole beans and artwork and we do the rest.
Some of the advantages we offer:
Brand new state of the art facility in San Diego with freshest single serve on the market.
1 year expiration date on coffee from time of Manufacture.
Same equipment being used by Kraft for Gevalia.
Improved filter.
Guarantee of less than .005% of Oxygen remaining in cup giving a very high level experience for the consumer.
Minimum order requirements of only 24,000 units or approx. 600 pounds per blend,
Please contact me to discuss your needs and we will be happy to hear from you.
Best Regards
Rob Richstone
310-456-2359

Samy123

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I would be interested in doing a run of k cups.
Can you provide your contact info so we can get in touch ?

Actually, (as I stated) my company is doing it, and I am not GMCR. So it is quite possible. We are doing it and have a growing clientele.

I will be more than happy to speak directly with anyone who is interested in getting pricing on your coffee in a single serve package (k-cup) or we can supply our coffee and have it private labeled (or generically labeled, if at all) and shipped to you for retail and/or distribution.

The issues with micro scale are not solely the set up with art work and labeling, although these do contribute to your per unit cost, and the smaller the run, the larger impact this has. The cost concerns with micro runs is that there is a threshold at which the combination of shipping cost, labeling, and higher per unit production costs (due to the inverse of economy of scale) can reach a point where you simply cannot sell the product and make a profit.

Our objective right now is to secure accounts that can manage our current minimum volumes, and as our market matures, we may find ourselves in a position to reduce our minimums more and more to accomodate the entire spectrum of possible clients. This is why it is important for us to communicate. I want to know what your market is, what you believe you can do with a single serve program, and what your growth prospects are. With this information, we can make a well structured risk assessment in determining our minimum volume going forward.

To address your cost question, I will need to speak with you further. Please contact me directly for more info. Thanks.

Rob

Jul 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Visit site
Hi Samy: Our company Intelligent Blends is doing the keurig compatible SS cups out of San Diego. Minimum order is only 24000 cups. you can contact me at 310-456-2359 or send me your email. thanks, Rob

Rob

Jul 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Visit site
Hi Jack: sounds like a great idea but we can only make the standard size SS kups which is a very specific size and shape in order to work in the machines. Good luck with your idea. Rob Richstone, robertr at intelligentblends

pactecllc

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
K-cup packaging;
Single Serve Beverage Packaging
Milton, WI
Becky Aubrey
608-449-8700
Small and large volumes welcomed. Can provide all the packaging materials. Also, can provide automated K-cup style machines including filter placement. Minimum run of 5,000 cups

Last edited:

drbowers

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I understand that there are several of you that can co-package, but I am looking for a machine that can produce one at a time. I intend to provide a product using fresh grounds from my shop. Do any of you know of a company that manufactures smaller K-cup producing machines?

pactecllc

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Pac Tec, LLC
Janesville, WI
Carl Peterson
608-352-7287
Single cup seal machine with filter insert available as well as fully automatic machines from, semi-automatic to 30 to 120 cups per minute.

Last edited:

oneil

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

New to the site and look forward to secure accounts in the single serve cup co-packing business. I am hoping you may know of a small coffee shop or chain, or distributor that is interested into getting into this market. We are a small company with operations in South Florida. We can source and roast beans, grind and flavoring or you can supply them. At this moment we are only packaging the k-cups for wholesale – not retail boxes. Our prices start at only 16 cents per cup with our minimum quantity of 20,000. Please message me if interested. Thanks.