How To Manufacture K Cups - Small Business

7over

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
7over - are you using the single or quad sealer from PB? How are you packaging your single serve cups? I assume your using the UpShot which has no exterior barrier.

Thanks!

Musicphan,
We're using the single sealer from PB. We are packaging the UpShot filters in the same bag that we package our whole bean and ground coffee in. This maintains the needed barrier and allowed me to just print an appropriate label for the bag rather than needing to find a complete new packaging solution.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Thanks 7over... how many are you getting in a 1lb bag (assuming that's what you are using)... they are pushing the square bottom bags and they don't offer it in the colors I desire.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
7over,
do you get your cups and lids from PB AND DO YOU PRINT A LABEL ON CUPS? Also how many k-cups can you make an hour with the single machine you are talking about?
is it an auto or manual machine?

lastly: what does it cost you per KCup?

Last edited:

TonyCoffee

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Making the cups in small quantities is too expensive due to the tooling cost. If what you are referring to is filling the cups, we can help with that. Single serve cups and filters are available with a different design then the original kcups.

We are in Southern California

Tony

ChefDavid

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking about purchasing an automated machine that will fill, tamp, inject a flavoring, nitrogen blast, then seal the K-Cups.

The deciding factor, would be if I can find enough people to do this for?

It is a lot of money to buy but if I could get enough people interested, then I would go for it.

There is an investment for the printing of the lids and there is also the additional expense of getting those lids to be 2.0 Compatable. Only 2.0 compatable K-Cups, are able to be brewed, using the new Kurig machines. That, is not that expensive. There would also be, box design and printing the box the the K-Cups get loaded into for sale, the most popular being the 12 Pack, Box.

I know that the other branded, K-Cup Brewers, and the original Kurig's, use the normal K-Cups. However if your customer, has a newer machine (It will say 2.0 on the Box and also on the rear of the machine) and they insert a regular K-Cup, it will read on the screen, "Unauthorized Capsule, Remove and insert an 2.0 Capsule" or something like that. It will not work. I have only found 4 people that can pack 2.0 cups and one of those 4 is Green Mountain. They are the best, biggest and most expensive though. I have found a ton of people that will pack the regular ones. I don't want to handle that problem with my customers.

So if anyone is interested, please PM me.

I would be able to, and would rather do, small batches, but will have to have a reasonable minimum.

I'd rather pack more often, and have a fresher product. No Packer that I have spoken to, has had that same attitude.

I have made a deal with the manufacturer, to help me, while the machine is being built, and starting in May 2015, (in 2 months), I can start packing, for a few Roasters. I know that I have to get in the Roasted Coffee, unground, I believe that this is the only Requirement. I can also Roast for some people, for this, but only for the Coffee, that will be needed for the K-Cups.

Last edited:

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
I can package the 2.0 K cups no problem :)

If your looking for a used k cup packing machine I have one for sale :)

Fresh and K cup do not go n the same sentence LOL

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
ChefDavid - will these have the DRM 2.0 integrated into the lid? How expensive is the royalty cost to Green Mountain? I know there are hacks to get around the DRM but most customers are not going to go through that process.

ChefDavid

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Slurp,

So then, to get this straight, you are offering to do this, for me and other Roasters?

How Generous of you, thank you for the offer to Co-Pack K-Cups.

This will save me a lot of money on equipment.

What are you terms and minimums?

Last edited:

ChefDavid

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Musicphan,

Yes, mine would, but it seems like Slurp is offering to do this, instead of me investing in a fortune in equipment.

Unless I did not understand his post correctly.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
We can set you up with a K cup sealer for about $2000 for a 4 size manual unit or 2 cup semi automatic & it comes with 1000 k cups with filter and foil lid. You don't need to waist money paying to label cup lids. You package these in the same 1 or 2 lb coffee bags you already use with label on bag. K cups sell for 45-90 cents per cup in stores. Average equipment cost is 7-10 cents per k cup plus labor and coffee.
these machines produce about 600-900 cups per hour. Let me know if you want to see pictures or video. [email protected]

newbeaner

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Empty cups with filter insert can now be purchased on ebay. You just need to get your private labeled lids and a cheap manual k-cup sealer. Just type in: K-cup Empty Cups

CiCi

May 29, 2015
China
Visit site
Manufacture your own K cup by Saneu K cup sealer,that is a cost effective choice.Search SANEU on Google you can find more info.Also, if you are interested in it,send me private message or email sales08 at saneu.com.:coffee-bean::coffeemug: