Is Ambex Still in Business?

cameronring

Jun 1, 2011
Mountain View, Ca
Visit site
Just heard from Don. He said that our order is a little more complicated because we ordered the ProfilePlus system and that there aren't any YM-15s in his warehouse. He said there are some more in a container on it's way but not enough for all of the outstanding orders. I'm gonna talk to him again either later today or tomorrow to figure out the next steps.

Thanks for everyone's help,
cam

Epa247

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Like many other people, I lost contact with the previous owner of Ambex after making a deposit on a roaster. I just received the roaster from Don. He was great to work with, easy to contact, and followed through on everything he promised. The new Ambex can be trusted. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ambex to anyone currently in the market for a roaster.

neglid

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
Ambex is horrible with communicating, especially after getting your deposit. I ordered a roaster from them back in December and I have no idea when I'm going to get it or if I'm going to get it. They told me I would get it in early February, it's now May and they don't return emails or phone call.

Thanks for posting your experience. I have crossed them out of my list.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Neglid...I wouldn't write them off so fast. My 60 kilo is delivering next week. I feel bad because I was supposed to take possession on the first but because of construction issues I had to put off delivery for over 2 weeks. You don't see Ambex complaining that they had to store and await last payment do you?

neglid

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
Ambex is horrible with communicating, especially after getting your deposit. I ordered a roaster from them back in December and I have no idea when I'm going to get it or if I'm going to get it. They told me I would get it in early February, it's now May and they don't return emails or phone call.

Thanks for posting your experience. I have crossed them out of my list.[/QUO

OK, I'm not exactly writting them off, however, I want to put any money in an escrow account. I'm still looking at several options.

Last edited:

chipiruca

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ken....My name is Claudio Baeza. I was with Terry and Don in July. They explained me the transfer of the business. I bought a roaster. But Mary disappeared and she is not answering my emails or phone calls. Could you give me Don´s phone number so I can call him straight and fix this little problem please?
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
Claudio

coffeemessiah

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I not sure if I can get a hold on Don Vining either. I just want some maintanece and help with instillation. I bought a YM-15 on eBay this year, works great, but now I feel like I am on my own here. The Roaster Authority website doesnt offer much, the phone number doesn't work for me. His number was 727-804-8967 on a magnet business card given to me by his brother and the website number was 727-546-4797. Anyone have any contact with them recently? Has Don bailed too? I may have to go by there location again, lucky I am only 45 min away.

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I not sure if I can get a hold on Don Vining either. I just want some maintanece and help with instillation. I bought a YM-15 on eBay this year, works great, but now I feel like I am on my own here. The Roaster Authority website doesnt offer much, the phone number doesn't work for me. His number was 727-804-8967 on a magnet business card given to me by his brother and the website number was 727-546-4797. Anyone have any contact with them recently? Has Don bailed too? I may have to go by there location again, lucky I am only 45 min away.

I also bought a YM-15 earlier this year on ebay, interestingly enough. I may be able to answer some questions for you (or perhaps you could answer some for me!). I'd like to bounce some thoughts off of someone with the same setup as me. I'll PM you a number you may be able to try.

Jeremy

bwynn

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, Go to roaster dynamics. com I owned an Ambex Ym-2 and just purchased a 10kilo for 9k used. I originally wanted nothing to do with Ambex as I think I barely received my roaster before they collapsed. But with that said a breath of fresh air has blown my way. I have been working with Paul RIbich owner of Roaster Dynamics who used to work with Ambex, on any problems I have encountered. He has been up front, answered all my calls and ridiculous questions and has been a pleasure to work with. From all of the coffee people I know he has been one of the best. I hope he takes Ambex Roasters to new levels as I do love the roaster and think they have a wonderful product. PM if you have any questions.

klanmckay

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Ambex is horrible with broadcasting, especially after getting your deposit. I organised a roaster from them back in December and I have no idea when I'm going to get it or if I'm going to get it.

Please go into your user account and remove the link to "Florida Businesses For Sale" from your signature line so it does not show up in future posts!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kanyevil

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I find all of this VERY interesting - especially since I personally spoke with Don Vining at the SCAA Houston show. Don assured me that he DID NOT take over Ambex, nor does he own it... That does greatly contradict what I have heard from sources close to him and what has been written here in this forum.
Ambex owes me $12,500.00 and from what my attorney has told me, as the "New Owner" of Ambex, that debt now belongs to Don Vining.
Perhaps that is why he told me what he did at SCAA... Perhaps that is why he has NOT returned any of my phone calls or emails...
Quite frankly, it looks like the "New Owner" is following in the foot steps of the previous one! Consider yourselves warned!
On that same note, if you are giving Ambex, Roaster Authority, Don or Terry any of your money, I strongly suggest that you place any and all funds into an escrow account. This will safeguard your hard earned money, until you actually receive the roaster you ordered and if for some reason you do not receive your roaster, as I did not, they can't touch your money. I only wish that someone had given me that advice well over a year ago...

I have always heard good stuff about Ambex roasters.... Guess they really need to change up the way they conduct their business.. Not answering phone calls is definately not the solution.

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
How is Ambex doing with deliveries?

I know that a lot of people had issues with deliveries in 2011 with Ambex -- their distribution changed hands and they were playing catch-up with deliveries from the previous distributor. I know the new distributor was doing a good job filling back orders but I'm wondering if anyone is placing new orders and if he's filling them on time.

Just curious...