Is Coffee Safe For Children?

sebastien

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd say not for kids, but for teens why not. I started drinking strong natural coffee (hate instant one) since I was like 14 and it was as strong as parents were drinking. Also, I'd like to add that I drink strong black coffee no milk no sugar no nothing without eating anything in advance. A lot of people were keep on telling me that soon I will have problems with stomach and with digestive system but on the contrary to that, everything works perfectly. For example in Turkey (I love Turkish coffee) it is a common think to drink coffee even for kids of smaller kids and it is a normal thing of their culture.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
i will have my kid start on coffee most likely on her teen years. not really sure if she needed the jolt as toddlers nowadays are already active :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually, harmful effects of caffeine are often hard to find. There are findings about the negative effect of caffeine but are all speculations. Nobody can prove that caffeine really the cause of some negative effects in our body.

Since nothing to prove, it is safe now to say that coffee for children is not harmful. But still moderation is being recommended. There are several studies that coffee in moderation is not likely to have a negative effect. Moderation and balance is the key in optimal nutrition intake. As to the benefit of coffee, it can contribute to your children’s mind alert.

Jeffreyy

Aug 23, 2013
USA
Visit site
Well coffee is one best thing that every one like that, in my opinion coffee is safe for children, because kids also drink coffee but a little cup of coffee because small cup of coffee, can be most severe for our whole body for every person there is no issue to age.

cnemartinez238

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I let my kids drink it, youngest is 9, but i get to mix in the sugar and cream. They dont get to have candy coffee, which is why alot of kids want coffee in the first place. works out pretty good, i have the ones that actually like the coffee flavor and get to have it as long as they dont act up (they are home schooled so we keep an eye on them), and then the ones that will only have it when i make the one they like, or are too tired for school work(late night for whatever reason). i mix in very little sugar and cream btw. our 16 yr old actually drinks it black, because when i first let him, it was under the condition that it was black, because i really didnt think he needed it. he has been drinking it like that for years, even after i relaxed the rules and allowed coffee and creamer. depends on the kid i guess. oh, i have an 11 yr old that ran into a wall after a cup, and doesnt remember doing it. she is extra hyper though, and she only gets to have it rarely, but shes working on behaving now so she can have some like the other ones. i feel like im rambling now, but anyway, i bought a bunch of nice espresso cups at a thrift store, like 4 ounces, and i just serve them in the morning when i make mine, if they want some. they do get denied if they act hyper, so they really try to focus on what they are working on, and its been working out pretty good. except for when they run into walls. the 9 yr old is a coffee snob like her mom. she only has it when i have one with very low acidity and no citrus, and natural sweetness, just like her mom. dont know if thats good or bad.

Last edited:

thirstyiceskates

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Foods and drinks with caffeine are everywhere, but it's wise to keep caffeine consumption to a minimum, especially in younger kids. As for teenagers when taken in moderate amounts, caffeine is relatively safe. A little caffeine can help you concentrate, sharpen your thoughts, temporarily improve your motor coordination and help you stay energized at work or school. I googled this btw :coffee:

thirstyiceskates

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I think coffee is not necessary for children. There are many other kinds of drink that are better for their health than coffee.

You know kids nowadays. My 3-year old daughter wants to drink coffee because she always see me drinking it, so I made her a chocolate drink and showed her that I put a little bit coffee powder, now it's peace and quiet in the household Lol :)

flowra

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Coffee hangouts have become fashion for today's teenagers after college, it is concerning, does coffee have subtle side effects in the long run, calcium deficiency or something like that??

Does it stimulate their exam performance ? ANY IDEA? :?HELP I HAVE TWO TEENAGERS
I don't think so it could be harmful for your kids. It is not having any type of harmful elements in it. It just keep mind sharp it good enough for keeping them warm in winters as well. Don't worry it wouldn't be cause of calcium deficiency or anything else my friend.

armorm2

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
You know kids nowadays. My 3-year old daughter wants to drink coffee because she always see me drinking it, so I made her a chocolate drink and showed her that I put a little bit coffee powder, now it's peace and quiet in the household Lol :)

Funny thing is, people think giving coffee to kids is ok because the effects on children aren't so bad b/c they're not so bad in adults, right? I think regardless of the substance / drug, they are still using, and it does not help to call things what they are not. Coffee / Caffeine is a drug. Caffeine is the most commonly used mood-altering drug in the world, and coffee is one of the most popular means of ingesting it

paffas

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have also read some articles about children drinking coffee, but I don't think this is appropriate. After it is really boosting the body and I doubt that anybody wants crazy kids running around the house :) Plus it is not really good for the stomach.