Pour Over Question

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Hello all! I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. New here and new to pour over. I am trying not to buy twice, can someone recommend a pour over kit or the parts to make a kit? Also what grind is best for pour over? Thanks very much for you help.
David

Hi, Dave. I'm new to this forum but I've been doing some experimenting with new coffees and methods and have learned a few things. I made the mistake of ending up buying twice so I know how that goes. I started with a French press. After a while, I got tired of the sludge in the bottom of my cup so I bought a Melitta pour-over because of the filter availability. At that point, I had never heard of the Clever Dripper. I wish I had.

The Melitta works quite well but has the weakness of having no steep time. You pour the water in, it runs out the bottom. End of story. With the Clever Dripper, the coffee doesn't run out the bottom until you set it on your mug, thereby letting you steep it as long as you wish.

So, now I have a French press and a Melitta that I no longer use. I LOVE the Dripper.

Im also learning that some beads require different grinds and/or differing steep times - all dependent on your taste. I can give you more specifics if you like. Hope this helps..... 😎

Latest posts