Question of legality ...

BlueMoods

Feb 1, 2014
USA
Visit site
Each state is different. I know where I live I can only provide jams and jellies processed in my home w/o all the red tape. Now that doesn't mean I can't roast and give coffee and beans to my friends and family, and roast their beans for them. I can and do. That's the same as preparing a meal or baking cookies and taking them to them, or cooking something they have that they don't know how to cook for them. I can't legally give coffee to a stranger, nor can I roast beans for a stranger or, do either for payment.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I agree with some of you but how i look at things is not really the legality issue.
I would do it in heart beat but what I would fear is the people.
If someone gets sick from the product you serve, they might call the hearth department.

Still, I would do it to see how it develop. If you feel this is something you would want to do it as a full time or business you want to make it your full time, I would talk to the city and health department for all the legal issues. But if you want to just try and see, I won't worry about it. If they stop you, just say "I didn't know" ..... I don't know if I would spend tons of money or time to just find out if its going to work....

Good Luck