Roastery pics

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yeah Sidram...please explain what you have there...LOL...this should be good. :p CJ he has a pretty cool set up..I hang with him there every once in a while. Sweet diggs indeed.

Sidram

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Well since you asked...... The roaster and grinder were the first items in our facility. Then came a need to test our product so the espresso machine arrived. After a while my children became hooked on SB frapacinno's, I would not be having any of that since their dad is an artisan roaster! So here came the blenders. Now we have a FULL coffee bar at the roasting facility including hot chocolate and chi tea.

I must say that when potential customers come for coffee we can make them samples. Having a setup like this helps train customers as well.

Tjibbe

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
just some friendly advice. Keep that back pipe clean. I know its a pain in the butt...but pipes that have ridges collect chaff so easily. Nice thing about those though is if you have a fire you can just knock it off! I had a fire in permanent piping once and the fire department came charging in with an ax. they started banging on my pipes. I quickly yelled for them to stop, seeing that I had quick releases on my pipes. The next fire we had a guy came running in again with an ax and luckily the fire marshal stopped him! First time I was banging on my pipes for a good hour trying to make them straight!

I use a giant air-compressor every couple of weeks to clean all the pipes and parts of the roaster that need to be cleaned.
One of the benefits of a roaster on wheels is that its easy to do the cleaning outside!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Here are some pics before and after our latest delivery...
pre big day.jpg
big day.jpg
[video]http://distilleryvesper8-8.ak.instagram.com/bb70cc540e5611e3a47b22000a1f99e6_101.mp4[/video]

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Just a heads up...we closed the coffee shop. Bagel store is still open. When we opened that little coffee shop we only had 4 bagel stores open. Our 16th shop opens in a week and we have 5 more in construction. I was not able to stop production to make a latte. So we decided to just close the shop and focus on roasting....and roasting we are!

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Just a heads up...we closed the coffee shop. Bagel store is still open. When we opened that little coffee shop we only had 4 bagel stores open. Our 16th shop opens in a week and we have 5 more in construction. I was not able to stop production to make a latte. So we decided to just close the shop and focus on roasting....and roasting we are!
Still sell the beans though?

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
hell yeah!
Nice, I'll make it up there again one day haha. You know the Cafe Don Pablo guys in Miami? That's usually where I order from besides others, I always have them on hand as they do 2lb orders. Either shipped to the house or I pick up sometimes if heading into Miami. So weird the lack of roasters in FL in general, same with beer although that's picking up (new brewery being built in Delray Saltybeer or something like that. When we go out of state there's like a coffee roaster or brewer on every block lol, especially when we're in Cali.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I still pull shots on a daily basis...just for myself and people that work with me. I've been roasting for about 20 years now...and in that past 20 years it has been more like I played "barista"
Surfer, Have you been to Panthers in Miami yet?

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
I still pull shots on a daily basis...just for myself and people that work with me. I've been roasting for about 20 years now...and in that past 20 years it has been more like I played "barista"
Surfer, Have you been to Panthers in Miami yet?
yeh,pretty good, expensive though (to buy their beans, think all bags are $20+ a lb).

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
beauty... thank you. They look amazing. I dont know how far you are from Chicago but you would have done really well at Coffee Con. One of the Micro roaster from Grand Rapids michigan did really well. Sold all his beans. And he was charging 40 dollars per 1.5 pound can. Which was great idea for not selling 20 dollars per pound.

Unless you know for fact but i remember they saying they are selling for 40 dollars per 1.5 pound can. Not 20. I thought it was pretty expensive but they did sell out.