SC/TO Build Is Off To A Great Start!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jerry,
I agree that the ideal roaster is one with a horizontal drum that turns the beans so that they're in a constant fluid motion. The problem with stirring the beans is that you can't get the fluid motion that you can in the drum with low RPM... the higher rpm, and you have to mess with the adjustment, is necessary to keep that fluid motion with the beans otherwise the roast is inconsistent.
I'm not particularly fond of the set up for the guy that has the drum I think his stock pot is too big and I don't think his beans are going to roast, I think they're going to end up baking in there. Plus I don't see how is going to dump the beans after the roasted for cooling that also is kind of problematic it looks like in my opinion.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So I'm now convinced that the motors that I've been researching are more expensive, and harder to find than necessary for this purpose. I now believe that the proper motor can be found in a used, multiple speed, hand mixer. I think they would have the proper amount of torque at slow speed, as well as a suitable upper limit on rpm. If I burn out a motor, a replacement would be easy to find at thrift shops and garage sales. I could, in fact, look for the spare motor in my spare time before it is needed!!

Input, insight, opinions, and off-the-wall comments are appreciated.

Cheers!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
great Video, Mr. Peaberry. very informative. Just wish that you had an assistant and the video was wider angle, that would have been better.
but very well done. thanks
PS: as far as the feedback on your questions, sorry but I am not qualified on this subject. however, I am sure that you will get tons of great feedback on your video.