viable printers for kraft bags

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Nice printer but the ink cartridge is all in one. It is not a cymk. If your label has a lot of one color you will be throwing out cartridges that are not depleted. Been there with single cartridge color printers. JMO

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Ink from the printer manufacturer is ridiculously high priced. I have an Epson 1100B and use a continuous ink system that has saved me a zillion dollars. So if I was buying a printer I'd figure out how to make the ink as low cost as possible because that's where the money is.

My inkjet is a great solution--for me--but I do spent lots of time printing labels as it isn't lightning quick. If we ever get our labels done, where we don't think we need to change them, then we'll get them printed by an outside printer. Until then, whether laserjet, inkjet, rubber stamp, hand written, etc., there's always a trade-off. You just have to figure out what's best for you.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
ChasT you say you're spending $0.24 per label? We use one high resolution label on the front of our bag and one matte label on the back. The two together, plus shipping the blank labels to us from the U.K., and plus the ink, run about $0.06 PER BAG. There is time involved in printing the labels but if you're running the printer while you're doing other things it isn't much of a cost. And for every 1,000 bags you're keeping $180 in your pocket!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
cost also depends on the material and amount of colors. I could have them pre printed cheaper at qtys of 5000 minimum. I do not want to stock that many bags of one coffee. with the cost of the bag and label it is under .60 per bag which is fine with me at this point. Pre printed labels vs buying a printer is what I was commenting on. A single cartridge printer is a waste of money and very costly down the road unless you are just doing one color such as black and the primera has a single black cartridge available.

Latest posts