What Are You Doing With Your Empty Burlap Coffee Bags

ravenmaven

Feb 25, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Visit site
It pains us to toss those bags as well. Especially when they're adorned with art (looking at one from Atlas' El Corazon and another from Malinal on my wall right now!) We've come up with numerous merchandising ideas for our cafe customers (window valences, chair covers, curtains, framed art, etc.) and have also given them to a few local gardening groups (GRuB, in particular). But love this idea of animal shelters - thanks!

sukkhi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
used coffee bags

Hi,
I need used coffee bags for upcycling. Can any one supply a large number of sisal burlap? bags from Colombia are preferred. Monthly requirement is 20 ton per month. If some one can supply this much quantity in 2 or 3 months, that will also do.

Hello Expat,

Run an ad under free stuff on Craigslist. We found in Denver Colorado that organic farmers use them for weed control between their rows of organic vegetables. Also farmers use them to cover cages to keep animals out of the direct sunlight. At Boca Java we give away hundreds a month and people still call!

Chuck

sukkhi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am planning to upcycle used sisal coffee bags. If any one has a large inventory or knows someone who has, then contact me. sisal bags are from Colombia and marked with 'Produce of Colomba' over them

sukkhi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
used sisal cofee bags

I have 41 full pallets of them right now that I need to dispose of. I have sold them to a few people in the past, but it's getting hard to find new customers.

Hi,
i need used coffee bags. Coffee bags from Colombia and made of sisal are required. I can pick all the bags provided they are made of sisal fibre. you can pm me. Three photographs are attached for reference. Moreover, i need these bags regularly.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 321
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 243
  • index3.jpg
    index3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 226

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I know I've seen one of our local roasters saying they have a waiting list of people wanting their used bags. I think they were charging a small amount but had people waiting for them.

We even have a local business profiting from them.

Couture Coffeebags

I also saw where one roaster donated some to our local zoo to help keep some of the animals warm.

andrewj1398

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am always looking for sacks in the Carolina's. I'm in the Greensboro NC area. I make crafts out of the coffee sacks and I am always looking for any from a hand full to pallet full. If you know anyone who has any tell them to send me a message.

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
Once I get some bags accululated, I will start working that angle. Roasting coffee and running charters.....sounds like you have it pretty well beat, Island! My goal is to roast coffee and paint pictures. Some day...

jjkaus

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
hello,

i am looking for burlap coffee bags to upcycle. will pay shipping. if anyone has leftover bags let me know. thanks so much.