What Are You Doing With Your Empty Burlap Coffee Bags

sukkhi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
used sisal coffee bags

Hi,
If you have used sisal coffee bags then please revert. I can purchase whole lot
Sukhvinder Singh
I have 41 full pallets of them right now that I need to dispose of. I have sold them to a few people in the past, but it's getting hard to find new customers.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I think I've finally hit on something useful for my used coffee bags -- besides giving them away to craft project people.

I cut the bag into two long strips and then use it as packing for the mail order side of my business. I open the box and lay one strip in lengthwise and one crosswise (like a big + sign) then fill the box with however many kilo bags go in the box, then fold the four 'tails' over the contents and it makes a nice 'in theme' package.

And that's my standard box. You can size the strips up or down depending on the size of the package.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
I think I've finally hit on something useful for my used coffee bags -- besides giving them away to craft project people.

I cut the bag into two long strips and then use it as packing for the mail order side of my business. I open the box and lay one strip in lengthwise and one crosswise (like a big + sign) then fill the box with however many kilo bags go in the box, then fold the four 'tails' over the contents and it makes a nice 'in theme' package.

And that's my standard box. You can size the strips up or down depending on the size of the package.
Good idea and pretty cool, and def goes with the "coffee theme". Nice

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Desperation. The Lovely & Talented Roast Mistress hangs on to things and I pitch them out as quick as I can. I've been trying to give away our extra bags for awhile and they were getting out of hand but TL&TRM stood firm and said we had to figure out something to use them for. Necessity, I guess, is the mother of invention.

That's a great idea! How did you think of it? Did you run out of packing materials and then discover the idea out of necessity?

CazbarCoffee

Mar 4, 2014
Montana
Visit site
I use my bags in my garden to keep down weeds but they also work really well if you are reseeding grass/flowers anywhere. Cut the bags down the sides and lay over grass/flower seeds and water the burlap heavily. Burlap stays wet for days and keeps the seeds moist and out of hot sunlight. Once the grass/flowers are about 1/2-3/4 " tall, remove the burlap. Don't be surprised when the seeds sprout within days and grow rapidly. P.S. My dogs LOVE their beds and makes it nice to be able to just throw the beds away when they get wet and stinky!

Fanalone

I used my bags for decoration

Attachments

• LANCIA FLVIA 2000 LX 009.JPG
    LANCIA FLVIA 2000 LX 009.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 324

CoffELuvR

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
I would love to get my hands on some burlap coffee bags! I am a crazy crafter, and gardener, with only a fantasy of becoming an artisan roaster. I am a trained barista and an avid coffee lover! I have many uses for this type of bag; hence, my request.

Last edited:

Doobie

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
Dear All, if your production generates tons of used empty burlap bags, would it be possible to purchase them for recycling? At a workable price we are ready to buy 80-120 metric tons/month. Thanks.