What do you say at starbucks?

BlueMoods

Feb 1, 2014
USA
Visit site
IF I ever went to one I'd say "No money for you until your corporate offices change their stance on both electronic cigarettes and concealed carry." I REFUSE to patronize Starbucks in any way due to their stance on those two things. Smoking real, light up cigarettes at the outdoor tables is fine but vaping on an electronic cigarette is not allowed. Even if you are a concealed carry permit holder, and despite them not serving alcohol or any state law forbidding you to have your firearm CONCEALED while at a coffee shop, Starbucks does not permit concealed carry on their premiss.

No Starbucks for me until they change policies.

RodriguezKaffe

Jan 15, 2014
California
Visit site
I don't understand all the SBUX bashing and boycotting (?)

For those that are in the specialty coffee industry (owner, barista, online coffee sales) being familiar with Starbucks is very relevant to your business.

Strengths
1. Cleanliness
2. Efficiency
3. Consistency
4. Logistics
5. Branding
6. Marketing

I visit several shops a week, and have yet to find a show that couldn't take a few lessons from SBUX, on at least one of the items mentioned above

I am not defending them by any means. They went down a path that worked for them, a lot of us would do things differently if we had the opportunity. None the less, it took "specialty coffee" to the masses and opened doors for many of us

I agree. People forget theres a business under there. I also think people get so caught up on their coffee that they forget Coffee quality means exactly nothing without good branding, marketing and advertising. A business needs to be ran like a business to make money. Starbucks has perfected that. Now, being big into fitness and health, their quality of ingredients is questionable and their overall coffee quality isn't too great, so I never drink it. But they are a solid business and they made it socially acceptable to spend $5 on a cup of coffee.