What kind of coffee are you drinking?

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I like it

I find the Sumatra a bit too mild, especially later in the day, while the Fara Cafe Dark Roast can be a bit overpowering on it's own, for me. Together they come out terrific! :D

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Sumatra is a heavy bodied coffee(almost syrupy) when you say it is tool mild do you mean the acidity? Check how old the coffee is cuz I have never found Sumatra to be mild.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Sumatra

Thanks, topher.

Yes. I'm new to the terminology of coffee criticism or description. I suppose I mean I find the Sumatra's lack of strong acidity "mild." The flavor of the coffee itself is quite rich, and yes, it is quite "syrupy" and dense. I guess, at times, I really want that acidity!

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Being the newbie to this forum and reading these discussions makes me feel like having another cup. But it's already 1:40 a.m. and I need to crash. I too am a roaster in the Seattle area. If you don't mind me adding my two cents in, I really enjoy a good Ethiopian dropped just before second crack... :-D

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Organic Timor

Drinking my first, fresh brewed cup of the Organic Timor I just received from Uncommon Grounds- now this is great coffee! Can't believe I've been putting up with that stale 8 O'Clock Columbian for 2 days! What a contrast! The Timor is smooth and rich- delicious! :D

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Acidity!

Yeah, I'm now having the same problem with the Organic Timor I had with the Sumatra Mandheling! The first cup is great- rich, smooth, flavorfull, but with repeated (and repeated) drinking, I find it lacks enough of the "bite" I so enjoy in coffee! Wish I had some of that Fara Cafe Dark Roast with me, but I left it a home today! :cry:

pinellasperk

Oct 29, 2003
Dunedin FL
Visit site
I'm drinking a cup of tropical kiss flavored coffee from Boca Java. It's chocolate and coconut and I added heavy cream and stevia (natural sugar substitute). I'm on the atkins diet, and thank goodness coffee, even with cream, is very very low carb. The caffeine also keeps my metabolism revved up. 30 pounds down, 30 to go.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Atkins frowns on coffee, no?

I was under the impression the Atkins diet was rather anti-coffee. Caffeine is supposed to stimulate evil insulin secretion, the bane of the thin! :x