Who is the best deal on bags?

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
Dave, what bags are you referring to?
At first I thought 100# bags green beans come in. Then I thought you might mean some other kind of bag. But alas I just realized you might mean retail packaging?
There seems to be a number of options on the market. I too am looking into this as I am looking to cultivate, roast and ship retail coffee.

There are clear bags that show off your coffee, but light could degrade it. Then you have with or without valves, mylar bags, foil, etc.

Am I off the mark?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Dave,

It would be helpful if you specified what kind of bag you're looking for. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people on this forum who have had experience with different suppliers. (good and bad)

Rose

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
North Atlantic Bags

I started using North Atlantic Bags, Cheaper than Pacific and they have 2 locations. They also have an economy bag for that is more economical for those who have customers going through a pound or so a week. We roast to order so there are no bags sitting on shelves and do not require the prices of high barrier bags.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have dealt with so many in the past. I am now with Pacific bag..I use retail and flat pouch bags for wholesale. It takes 3 weeks to receive the bags due to valve install. They are going to start holding stock for me so I don't have to wait that 2 weeks for the valve install(plus free shipping) A big factor is how much volume you are moving.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
We are looking for natural, compostable materials for our bags. Should have samples from a few places mentioned above shortly.

lw

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, dirty dave for turning me on to Stock Bag Depot. I only took a quick look at their offerings but they appear at first glance to be very competitive with their pricing.

How is the customer service end of their bidness?

lw