WTB: 3-5kg San Franciscan, Diedrich, Joper, Roure, or Probat

poison

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, indeed. Someone makes a clerical error and guys who carted their equipment half way across the continent have to pay the price? I'm so darn tired of politics.

Good luck on the San Franciscan. Tell the guy he can come and visit his machine any time he likes. And that you'll post pics of it on facebook fi he wants. How could he resist those big eyes, anyway?

Sounds like 'clerical error' is being generous. But thanks, my fingers are crossed. This roaster is ideal: size, location, setup, quality, etc. Crocodile tear mode engaged!

Seriously, though, when I actually contemplate bringing whatever roaster I buy back, hooking it up, and roasting my first batches, I may shed a tear of joy. I've been roasting in extremely difficult conditions for 7 years now; my customers have no idea what goes into their coffee. I"ll need to make a video of where I am now, and where I'm headed.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the years of experience you do, but I about shed a tear of joy the day I roasted those first batches on my USRC.

Good luck, again.

lw

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I feel your pain on difficult conditions. When I was building my plant I was using a friends roaster. He has a 5 kilo Ambex in an un-air conditioned "garage" Try roasting 500 lbs in the South Florida humidity and heat..got heat stroke once...Made me appreciate what I have that much more!

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't mind me, just subscribing to find out what you end up going with. :coffee1: I am also leaning towards starting out with a smaller roaster, then add a bigger one later on; keeping the smaller roaster for smaller orders.

poison

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
That's my thought process as well (though partially dictated by the stringent air quality requirements here too). I would say I've kind of narrowed it down to Diedrich, San Franciscan, USRC, and possibly Feima. I spoke to barismo yesterday about the Feima, they're happy with it, and it's priced ~$8k for a 4kg, plus $800 for delivery.

prairieguy

Sep 11, 2012
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Glad to see this post, i've been searching for answers myself and want to hear alot more about the San Franciscan's. I spoke to them a few weeks back and they were great, never heard back from Diedrich and don't want an import. I'll keep following to see what you decide. Good Luck!

poison

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I had a 6lb San Franciscan lined up: barely used, close by, set up for propane. The owner wasn't using it, and nearly sold it to me, but changed his mind.

IveNoIdea

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread has been long passed, hopefully no one mind if I dug it up from the grave. I was wondering what roaster you've ended up with Poison? I'm roughly in the same boat right now.

Latest posts