5lbs roaster manufactures

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
As far as I know and am concerned the Ambex and Ozturks are brothers or perhaps sisters. Very similar in construction.
Having said that, the result is always in the cup! There are many roasters which roast fine coffee.
And this I know for sure, I enjoy my Ambex as much as Expat and The Lovely & Talented Roast Mistress enjoy
their Ozturk.

The thought that usually crosses my mind when someone asks which roaster most people prefer, because they want to make a wise decision is that there isn't enough difference to pass up on one or the other. They'll all roast well, and if taken care off, they'll all last a long time. Some might argue that this roaster has IR heating, or that roaster has different airflow, or whatever. Admittedly, I haven't roasted on a bunch of different machines - and I'd be happy if someone would set me straight - but I just don't think there's a ton of differences between roasters, and in the hands of someone who understands how the beans like to be treated, any of them will do.

Bradleysteenkamp

Dec 19, 2012
Horsham, UK
Visit site
Don't be put off the Ozturk machines. We have had a 15kg Ozturk for just over a year and bought it used from them direct. Very basic machine but it's very easy to install an extra probe and to run it with some kind of profile system. Get it with a flame height control and you can roast down to 2kg without too much trouble.

Check this out: Ethiopia Levelup Coffee Natural by Horsham Coffee | CoffeeReview.com

We scored a 92 on coffeereview.com roasted as a small batch on our 15kg Ozturk. So it can be used to achieve great results!