Astoria Gloria AL

thai_jackson

Mar 5, 2014
Fargo, ND
Visit site
Has anyone used an Astoria Gloria AL?

Hey all,

I tried doing a search for this topic, but didn't come across anything, so forgive me if I'm digging up an old conversation.

Does anyone have experience using an Astoria Gloria AL machine? We are looking into one for our shop (the 4 group version) but have heard a few things that I wanted to verify.

1. Does this machine (or other lever/piston operated group head machines) require significantly more time to recover after pulling a shot?

2. Does this machine only pull 1 oz of espresso through the group rather than the standard two (at least what seems standard in my experience)? I read this somewhere, but it seems odd to me. If so, is there an option to pull 2 oz? the 4 groups would allow for two drinks containing 2 oz to be made simultaneously, but our baristas would be loading twice as many portafilters if that were the case...

3. What is the interaction with this machine like when hooked up to gas rather than electricity? this is a cool feature that would come in handy for events, etc. if it was easy to manage, and kept up with traffic.

4. Is it possible to have a machine that runs on both gas and electricity? or is it one or the other?

5. How is the steaming function compared to other espresso machines?

6. Are there any other things to be aware of about these machines? Astoria's service? Quarks? Chronic problems? etc.?

Thanks Gang!

Last edited: