Bean-to-cup that tastes like filter coffee ... ?

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Good afternoon, and condolences to our British friends who lost their queen.

I am Italian and I just moved to the UK. I have to buy a bean-to-cup machine (the reason why is s a long story) but I much prefer filter coffee, as brewed by Technivorm KB741. Can someone recommend which of these all-in-one makers comes closest to a filter coffee flavour and taste?

Sage Oracle Touch
JURA E8
De'Longhi Prima Donna Elite (chocolate, cold coffee and cold milk froth)
De'Longhi Prima Donna Soul One (more options for longer brews, including coffee pot)
Melitta Barista TS SMART
Other ?

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. Tommaso

Last edited:

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
Doesn't sound like you need much, this one may be just fine:
chorreador-1024x657.jpg

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Thank you for the kind recommendation which, I am sure, brews an excellent coffee however it does not help me in my choice.
Can anyone, please, recommend which one of the cited machines (or other bean-to-cup) brews the closest coffee to a filter brew?

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Thank you but, again, can anyone recommend a B2C from this list considering the initial OP question ?

Sage Oracle Touch
JURA E8
De'Longhi Prima Donna Elite (chocolate, cold coffee and cold milk froth)
De'Longhi Prima Donna Soul One (more options for longer brews, including coffee pot)
Melitta Barista TS SMART
Other ?

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
Just in case you still didn't get the point: ANY ONE on the list will make MUCH BETTER THAN filter coffee. So it's like you are making a list of assault rifles and asking people which one can kill a squirrel...

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Just in case you still didn't get the point: ANY ONE on the list will make MUCH BETTER THAN filter coffee. So it's like you are making a list of assault rifles and asking people which one can kill a squirrel...
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did get the point, thank you. Perhaps it is my point that it is eluding you...

"Better", as you put it, is a very subjective opinion.

I asked which machine, from the list, brews the closest iteration to a filter coffee. The way the beans are ground, the temperature, the length of the brew, etc, etc. These are not subjective but objective parameters.

Kindly, if anyone has experience with these B2C or all-in-one coffee makers, can he help me determine which brews a beverage that is close to a filter brew?

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Well, filter brew means ZERO pressure, which means what you get is not even coffee. So there is no comparison!
Thank you, yes. This is exactly what I am asking.
Can you, or anyone, recommend which of those B2C listed produces the closest iteration to a filter coffee? Does anyone know what pressure, brew time, temperature, etc, those coffee makers use? Has anyone ever tried the coffees brewed by those all-in-one coffee makers?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I.Fix.Jura. Why the hostility? "Zero pressure means what you get is not even coffee??" Your telling me that my Chemex ottomatic doesn't make real coffee?? That's just absurd. Ascanio1, I hope someone can chime in and point you in the right direction.

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
If you are happy with your $50 Chemex, there is no need to spend $5000 on a Jura. This is plain truth (may hurt), but definitely not hostility.

Remember: the OP asked which $5000 machine can make a coffee as good as a $50 one does... :)

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
So you want to know which Ferrari will run as slow as a Ford?
While taste is a personal preference (Ferrari/Ford) brewing methods are not.

But, regardless, please choose which one is the Ford and which one is the Ferrari and then help me to understand which B2C makes the closest iteration to that car. I am here to ask for help, not to debate personal preferences.

However, it must be my fault as I feel that it is becoming very challenging to obtain help. If I am in the wrong forum, I will apologise and move on.

If I am in the right forum, please, can someone help me with the OP question?

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Lol. I just realized that Ascanio1 was asking which machine people would recommend. i.fix.JURA was so busy trolling he couldn't even suggest the brand he has in his name? ok.ok. enough busting chops. On the real though. I.Fix.Jura, can you explain the pros and cons of the Jura E8?
Ascanio1, I know you said it was a long story...but why are you so set on a super auto?
Good afternoon and thank you for your comments. I am not set on a super auto, my wife is. I explained in other posts the circumstances.

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
OK, for your wife: you can tell her any one on the list (all Ferraris) will make better coffee than what you have now (a Ford).
To compare them, I have a Krups EA9010, Jura Z8, and a Delonghi Magnifica S. And I like Jura the most, good espresso/cappuccino and easier to operate and repair.
If you want to try a Jura before a commitment, you can try an used one first: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185585788826
If you find you don't like it, you can always sell it back without losing much money. I tried a Jura Z6 this way before I bought a brand new Z8.