Bean-to-cup that tastes like filter coffee ... ?

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Thank you. This message was more helpful and the advice is a very good idea.

It is not my wife who is fussy about coffee, it is I. And it is always the one who prefers our Technivorm filter coffee. My wife will be happy to switch from a cappuccino to a caffé&latte and/or other coffee based drinks every other ady without paying too much attention to the quality.

Last edited:

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
BTW, when you budge a super auto, the initial cost may not be the whole story. It usually needs more than $100 worth of cleaning supplies every year and $100 refurbish/repair every year too if you can't do it yourself. So that's extra $2000 if you plan to keep it for 10 years.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I wish the Chemex Ottomatic were $50. I guess you aren't familiar with them. That's why I really didn't chime in on the super autos because my experiences with them are from about 15 years ago. I am sure they have come a long way. I still don't know why you think that drip coffee is not really coffee? To each their own ;)

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Good morning. Absolutely no! No, no, no, no... any Italian coffe lover, will tell you that the best coffee is made by filtering, not with moka or espresso! Italians prefer to use a moka or an espresso only for semplicity and speed, not for better flavour. Any true Italian coffee lover uses the cuccumella, this:

Attachments

• Schematic-representation-of-Neapolitan-coffee-preparation-with-Neapolitan-pot.png
    Schematic-representation-of-Neapolitan-coffee-preparation-with-Neapolitan-pot.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 15

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
Yeah, that's why they created Dalla Corte, De Longhi, Faema, Gaggia, Isomac, La Pavoni, La Spaziale, La Cimbali, Lavazza, Lelit, Nuova Simonelli, Pontevecchio, Victoria Arduino, Vibiemme, Saeco, Illy, ... etc., just to fool foreigners. :)
I guess they don't like sports cars either and made all those just for foreigners to drive too. :)

Please, try to use some knowledge and logic here!

Last edited:

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Repeated unpleasant attitude and gratuitous comments do not offend me. Rather, they offend who posts them, by exposing his misfortune in upbringing and family. Sadly, because of those very misfortunes, this irony flies right above the head of who finds himself in such predicaments.

The other sad consequence of reiterating unpleasantness is that it injures this forum, and its community, rather than the OP! The OP can abandon this forum, at no loss: there are many other forums. But other members, who invested time and passion, maybe years, to build this pleasant platform, will suffer if its reputation is hurt. And, while it will take the OP only 2 minutes to join another community, it will take much longer to restore this forum's reputation.

Finally, ad rem, regardless of your opinions, facts do not cease to be true only because you do not like them... If you were to visit Italy, instead of posting about Italy, you would discover that what discerns a traditional "caffetteria" from a "bar" is the very serving of coffee made from a coccumella!

🤷‍♂️
What would you know!

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
I have a question for other, more helpful, members:

Do any of the B2C listed offer an option to pour boiling hot water and separate ground coffee? If yes, then could I not use that option to add ground coffee in a filter, inside a very basic filter holder on top of a cup and press hot water only?

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
When you are offended, say you are offended. And when you are at it, say your family is offended together with you too. This is not Communist China where you have to hide your real feelings.

Last edited:

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
Most of the time, knowledge of history is your biggest offender. Here shows coffee history timeline:
coffeehistory.JPG

And the world's first super automatic coffee machines designed specifically for home and small office use were not on the market until 1991 (by Saeco).

In other words, you want to ask people which super automatic can make a coffee that is as good as those made with a French drip pot more than 200 years ago. Do you believe in evolution or you think human beings are getting dumber and dumber?

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
Facts do not cease to be true only because you do not like them: the coccumella remains the most highly regarded coffee experience for Italian coffee connoisseurs.

Your description of devices' evolution exposes your confusion. Classic car, classic coffee, or classic whatever ... lovers, do not measure their experiences with technology but, again, this irony is obviously lost those who have less discerning tastes in life.

I apologise if I will not become involved with your future messages, but you seem to have missed the point of this thread (helpfulness) and, since I am unable to help you grow your ego, I will not be offering you a mirror to reflect your coffee grandeur fantasies.

... bye bye 👋

Last edited:

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
If you ask which $5000 machine can make a coffee that tastes as good/bad as a $5 machine, the most logical answer is buy a $5 machine!
The reason why my very first respond to you was buy a Costa Rica coffee maker that costed me only $5 last time I was there.

Ascanio1

Sep 18, 2022
Kingsclere, Hampshire
Visit site
To all readers without special attention needs, I found this.

The challenge is that, while I could put the grinder on top of the brewer and maybe get away with the ground coffee preparation, it still does not offer the half dozen different coffee based drinks...

Are there any other brands that make something similar?

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
I had a Delonghi BCO120T before. People usually don't consider these as serious machines. Which means if you go to any coffee shop and find they are using these to make coffee for you and charge you $10 a cup, run!