CoffeeTec.Com

Breville Barista Express - Dimmer mod - Flow Profiling.

rspierenburg

Mar 18, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've seen a lot of information about adding a 120v dimmer to the Barista Express to allow for flow control. As a step above that, has anyone thought perhaps of replacing the dimmer with say an Arduino and voltage regulator? This could potentially allow for flow profiling similar to say a "Decent" machine.
For example, you could "record" a manual flow profile, and if that profile yields a favorable result you could "save" the profile as a graph and then in theory "play back" the profile to attempt to yield a similar result.
Personally I'm not technical enough to program the arduino but I can't imagine it would be that hard for someone with a little more knowledge than I.

Just a thought,
Robert

GoatSnaggler

Jun 10, 2022
United States
That sounds like a great idea. I have an arduino education kit. I’m going to look up how to make an adjustable voltage controller!!! This sounds so cool to be able to record it

GoatSnaggler

Jun 10, 2022
United States
I've seen a lot of information about adding a 120v dimmer to the Barista Express to allow for flow control. As a step above that, has anyone thought perhaps of replacing the dimmer with say an Arduino and voltage regulator? This could potentially allow for flow profiling similar to say a "Decent" machine.
For example, you could "record" a manual flow profile, and if that profile yields a favorable result you could "save" the profile as a graph and then in theory "play back" the profile to attempt to yield a similar result.
Personally I'm not technical enough to program the arduino but I can't imagine it would be that hard for someone with a little more knowledge than I.

Just a thought,
Robert
Also. I have done the Dimmer a few times. I don’t have “profiles” but I do make the majority of my shots lower in pressure.

CoffeeTec.Com

Latest posts