Budget for build out, equipment and fixtures

marcshia

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Hello,
I am still working on the budget for the coffee shop, and I'd like to have an idea of how much should I spend in build out, equipment and fixtures, for an area of 1,500 sq/ft, with a menu that includes besides the coffee drinks, smoothies, gelato, panini, and baked goods.

M.S.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
First, be careful in your planning with "smoothies, gelato, panini, and baked goods" you want to make sure that coffee is not an afterthought while dealing with these other items. Also understand the COGS and labor associated with all these other items.... something to think about.

There have been numerous posts on this, just do a quick search,

but I would guesstimate at least ~$30 per square foot, give or take a few dollars, plus equipment. Design for efficiency. Make all equipment decisions based on quality and/or warranty. Don't look for the lowest priced equipment. Decide on what equipment will be best, and how it will fit your space, and then find the lowest price for that particular equipment.

In the end, it can range from $70K to about $250+. It all depends on whether you are doing laminate counters and cement flooring or if you are doing tile or wood flooring and solid wood counters. The money is in the details... work them all out ahead of time and they won't kill you.

Take your time, it's a big investment.