built-in coffee machine: Nespresso or whole beans?

diablo1

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am a total beginner at this... I am doing some kitchen renovations and am considering adding a built-in coffee maker. Based on the space available and matching with my existing appliances, plus some research I have done, I think the Miele machines would be suitable for my needs. My big question is this: should I get a whole bean or Nespresso capsule model?

I realize that the whole bean system gives you more control over specifically how the coffee is made, and also lets you choose any kind of coffee you can find, whereas the capsule systems limit you to whatever Nespresso wants to sell you. My concern with the raw bean systems is that I do not drink that much coffee at home - my use would probably be limited to 3-5 cups total per week. So I'm concerned that whole beans might go bad, or at least start getting stale, before I could work through a whole bag... Whereas the Nespresso capsules are individually sealed and have a much longer shelf life.

I enjoy coffee from Starbucks as well as some of the local/smaller shops around NYC (Fika, Stumptown, Birch). I hope to get a machine that can deliver coffee of a similar quality without me leaving home, but I am not a huge coffee buff and am probably less discerning than many members of this forum. The specific Miele models I am considering are CVA4066 (whole bean, plumbed), CVA4062 (whole bean, water tank), and CVA2662 (Nespresso). Any help or advice you could give would really be great. Thank you!

ipgeek

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Diablo, I just read your post about the coffee machine you want to buy. Looking into your consumption of 4-5 cups a week I will suggest you to stick with Nesspresso the have a very wide selection of the Pods and they pack with the best quality of coffee I have been using Lattessimo for last 18 months or so and so far had no issue. Looking into your requirement one model which comes in my mind is Nesspresso U with Arrencino its a very good sleek machine and quite versatile and compact. Good Value for Money