Buying an existing luncheonette...

perkaphile

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
AJPRATT said:
Thanks! And, unlike Starwhatever, we feel that good coffee should be aforable for all. The best part is when I roast at home and the grind a brew and someone tastes that truly fresh quality coffee for the first time. The reaction is priceless.

In support of this post, there is a coffee shop that went into the black within their first year because of what they offer. And they have a huge Coffee Exchange right across the street. It's definitely upscale but their coffee is affordable, and their coffee beans are not only affordable, they're competitive with supermarkets, and considering it takes half the beans to make the same cup, it's actually a bargain.

They roast the beans on-site, and they have a display fridge where their beans are packaged and dated. You can have them ground as well (although I never understood why someone would buy such high quality coffee and not spend $14 on a coffee grinder! Makes such a huge difference in the taste to me).

Coffee bean punch cards and coffee punch cards afford you a free whichever when you've filled the card. Supreme desserts made by the owner (small case by the checkout) and light lunch fare (very limited menu kept labor to a minimum).

There were scores of coffee shops in that location before they took over the place. All of them failed quickly and hard. Offering unsurpassed quality at accessible prices was their charm, I believe.