Canadian shop called Second Cup coffee beans .... opinions?

coffeenut

Sep 13, 2004
montreal
Visit site
For all Canadian "coffee nuts", I would like to know if anyone is using coffee beans from SECOND CUP coffee store? I use an Arabica bean that they have called "PARADISO" (black & brown beans), and I find it quite good. It seems to be the right amount of caffeine for me. Any Canadian out there buying coffee from this store? If so, any opinions? :) [/b]

jambon

I drink Second Cup coffee all the time. For our American friends who aren't familiar with SC, it's basically a café chain like Starbucks, but with a bit more of a grassroots feel.

They have many different blends of coffee beans that they move in and out of their daily brewed rotation, but they always offer their signature blend: PARADISO. They have a Paradiso medium, which Coffeegod was refering to. It's a medium blend that is actually quite nice. They also offer a PARADISO DARK which I prefer. It makes a good espresso and has a pretty strong finish.

I don't know if you can get this bean blend in the US, but if you ever visit Canada and see a Second Cup, they're worth stopping in to for a quick visit.

Check out www.secondcup.com for more deets.

Cheers.

Organica

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Second Cup/Starbucks

No offense intended here .. but .. can i use this word?.. Sucks?.. Second Cup is most definitely not the place to go for a good cup of espresso coffee, Latte, cappuccino etc..... if you want a good espresso find a nice small italian bakery/deli... then compare. Sorry again no offense.. but ive tasted Second Cup and Starbucks ... umm.. no thats not coffee.. it might be a very good coffee bean Arabica.. but they dont know how to brew it. :?

Espresso2004

Nov 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
:D hey here's a message com'in to ya from Espresso2004.Second Cup sucks.Starbucks passes.But nothing absolutely nothing beats a good espresso made from a real pump machine.Also,making it properly with a real pump machine at home tops them all.Espresso at Starbucks however is questionable.Best hot chocolate is at Timothy's in a bowl with whipped cream.Second best hot chocolate is Second Cup.That's allllllllllllllllllll folks!

Toronto