Coffee & Cigarette?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi,

You know, they say that smoking dulls your taste buds. I know several people who swear that they can taste food and drinks better now that they've quit smoking. I bet your coffee would taste even better if you gave up the smoking habit.

I used to (past tense) date someone who smoked cigarettes, and he always had the "smokers (bad) breath." After he would have a cup of coffee, his breath would smell even worse ..... I don't miss that terrible smell one bit!

Rose

I smoked for 15 years and just quit a bit over a month ago. I didn't quit for my health, or to breath easier.. or for my children.. or to smell better.. or because its getting too expensive.. or because I hated the habit (my morning coffee and smoke on my porch was my favorite one of the day)... I quit so I can taste more of the coffees I'm drinking... yes.. I quit for coffee... and a lot of the coffee I used to drink and enjoy, now taste dirty and low quality.. and the stand out beans (cough cough stumptown cough cough) really shine.

So I guess.. quitting smoking was the best and worst thing that happened to my coffee fetish... but is one of the best things I've done for my health and family haha.

arlyn9391

May 2, 2009
Visit site
JBalentine said:
Hello,
:)
Do any of you (those who smoke), think after a nice cup of Hazelnut coffee (or which ever one you enjoy), need a cigarette to complete your coffee session?

Whenever i drink a good cup, i always crave a cigarette, even though i do not smoke that much/often.

J.B 8)

A cigarette is a product consumed through smoking and manufactured out of cured and finely cut tobacco leaves and reconstituted tobacco. While coffee is a brewed beverage prepared from roasted seeds, commonly called coffee beans, of the coffee plant. Due to its caffeine content, coffee has a stimulating effect in humans. :)

glenjo

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Addiction of any kind is not good for health be it smoking, alcohol or drugs. Once a person gets addicted to such things then it's very tough to get over it because of the addictive nature of these things. It takes immense will power and dedication to get over such habits. I quit smoking on Chantix though I have tried to do cold turkey on two occasions, but of no use. I have smoked for around 5 yrs with pack a day. Thanks to chantix and the support my family provided me. It really helped me to get over my nicotine addiction and I don’t feel craving anymore. Best luck to all those who want to give up there habits.