Coffee Fool?

InternalExile

Mar 22, 2007
Visit site
Good to mediocre

I had never heard of the Coffee Fool before until I saw one of their ads on my gmail account that said : Secrets The Coffee Execs Don''t Want You to Know. Being a coffee lover as well as having a conspiratorial streak in my personality, I clicked on the link and read on. What they said made perfect sense, so I ordered a few pounds of their coffee beans and waited in anticipation for truly fresh, sweet coffee straight from the roaster.

Sadly, my world didn''t change after drinking a cup of their brew. Though I must say the Malawi was very good. It tasted fresh and had a slightly sweet, nutty flavor and a lovely aroma. I''d buy that one again. But the Kenya AA was only average. The same can be said for the Costa Rican and the Papua New Guinea. None of these were bad coffees by any means, but they certainly didn''t rise to the level of the hype put forth by the company. I''ve had coffee just as good, or better, from local roasters and even bulk Millstone from Wal-Mart. And when you add in the shipping premium the cost/value ratio slips dramatically.

This wasn''t the first time I''d purchased coffee online, nor was it the first time I was disappointed by the product. It is now dawning on me that perhaps this isn''t the way to buy coffee. In the same way I wouldn''t dream of buying a pair of shoes off the internet, I think the same can be said for coffee. But with shoes that don''t fit you can usually return them for a refund, but coffee once opened is yours for keeps, like it or not.

ABOUT your opinions of COFFEE FOOL

As a farm owner/coffee producer/online marketer it was terrifying for me to see the reviews of coffee fool. Poor guys, but i guess the market place is unforgiving and to see it that clear is scary.

I can understand somebody making a mistake, we have made mistakes too, but not being able/willing to solve the problem is the worst mistake.

Making mistakes is expensive, we are just getting ready to ship 25 pounds of coffee from Costa Rica on our dime because we sent it Ground and it was ordered as BEANS. A stupid mistake, but only ours, so the coffee is going out immediately, no questions asked and no need to return the wrong batch to us.

I know our customer was annoyed, i could sense it in her email, but i am sure she will be happy when she gets the new order.

thank you guys for letting me see what can happen as a worst case scenario.

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
I was struck by the fact that the Coffee Fool seemed to be putting much more money into the google adwords account in order to get high search rankings than they put into the product. Now, there's nothing wrong with good (even great) marketing, but you had better be prepared to deliver on any claims you make.

It appears the Coffee Fool was not and it serves as a warning to others. I've had much better luck with the smaller boutique micro-roasters than outfits like the fool.

caramel_machiato

Jul 19, 2007
Tampa, FL
Visit site
I ordered the french roast from them recently and at first I was REALLY impressed. Even the smell of the grounds sent a tingle up my spine!!! Whew! That coffee was some kinda fresh! It was so tasty and I could taste so many flavors and complexities. HOWEVER.........after about a week..........it turned FLAT. The taste was just bland and flat and like any other coffee out there. I was really disappointed that the \"freshness\" didn''t last.......

FL_Bill

Aug 2, 2007
St. Petersburg, FL
Visit site
so far so good

:D We got the fools house Italian dark espresso and found it to be yummy. However I have to make it weak as it is STRONG. :-D I normally only brew on the weekends as it is time consuming and always in a rush during the week. BUT...I have not missed a day of brewing this yummy coffee. :) My wife who is the real coffe drinker, who normally brews in her drip machine, will not make espresso because it is too much \"work\" for her. I brew in a stovetop espresso pot. Great smell and taste. Is there a better way?? I mean this is how my family did it when I was a little kid. (both parents from Cuba) I did not like the shipping cost, but it was fun to try and I think I will do coffee gifts this year for the hollidays. I will most likely use them again. Good stuff, IMO

FL Bill

artdo708

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
the Kenya fool

I, like many of you, tried The Coffee Fool after seeing an ad down in the bottom of an unrelated web page. I was impressed with their seeming knowledge so I tried it. I have now sampled 4 of their varietals and I will have to say that, so far, they are average to above average on 3 of the 4. However, I believe that their Kenya AA is definitely the finest I have have ever had and I continue to purchase that from them regularly. I have belonged to several \"coffee clubs\" and have been drinking Kenya a long time. I have also bought it from many other retailers, both online and off. Coffee Fool wins on that one, hands down. Today I just placed another \"Foolish\" order and, based on some of the blogs above, have decided to try the Malawi, as well as the Kenya and also I am going out on a limb and trying the \"African Safari\". I will keep you posted.

rss

Sep 28, 2007
Visit site
Coffee Foolish

I tried Coffee Fool''s products. Specifically, I tried their French Roast and the Hawaiian Kona. I was drawn to their website like so many others, impressed by the write-up and their purported passion for freash, premium coffee.

The French Roast was quite good, although you had to use it very quickly. The Kona was HORRIBLE! Totally lousy.

While I do not usually complain, I was so confused as to why a company who''s existence was dependent upon delivering a fresh, premium coffee would actually deliver a stale, nasty coffee. I wrote them, returing the bag, asking them to explain what in the world went wrong. No response, no credit!

Coffee Fool''s days are limited by their own stupidity. They had better make their money fast, as people seem to be catching on.

AlisonD

Sep 18, 2007
USA
Visit site
Unfortunately sites like the Fool give a bad reputation to all online sites. Please understand that some of use do value every customer and their opinion!