coffee habits

ladinr01

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
opening a coffeehouse later this year and doing a little informal survey...

how often do you visit a coffeehouse in a given week and how much do you spend per visit?

i'm only a once a week visitor, prolly $5 on average

thanks

leasmom

Apr 2, 2006
MI
Visit site
Well...

Once in awhile...I drink it at home. I drive by coffee houses though and think, hmm...sure wish I had time to get one, even with the drive-thrus, I drink it at home, its cheaper overall.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey ladinr01:

Numbers will be different between coffee (sit down) houses and drive thrus. Drive thrus are basically designed for convenience and quickness, whereas sit downs are more for people who have the time to get out, park, and enjoy a few moments. As for me, I generally get a drink about once per day at a drive thru even though I still have a cup of drip before I leave the house each morning. Since I own locations I don't pay, but I still tip my employees at least $1 each time I get a drink. :wink:

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
frequency

WE are probably not te best bunch to be doing this survey on. Though we love to help many of us are shop owners or roasters and therefor rarely buy coffee from shops. When i wasn't in the coffee biz I would frequent shops about 3-4 times/week dropping around 6$per visit. Be careful with the figures posted by national groups. Drinking habits vary greatly from city to city. In Austin there are dozens of shops and plenty of business to go around...lots of tech and U.Texas kids. Down the road twenty miles traditional shops who serve just coffee and pasteries last about six months.
I hate to be hackneied(sp?) but location, location, location.

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
If you are opening a coffee house, you need to do an informal survey on your own. Meaning, all areas are different. Go sit in houses close to you, one comparable to what you are doing, and then one bigger and smaller. That way you have an idea. Otherwise in my opinion, you are wasting your time. You can't judge us, I could tell you I go 3 times a day, but why would you use it? Just travel and take tallies at different times of the day, and figure out an average. That's what we did. We don't even have another house in the area, so I went to other areas, and did an average of them to figure out what to do. Hope it helps!

Cele

Apr 10, 2006
Freiburg/Germany
Visit site
if there's still interest:

i'm personally going tom cafes 3 times a week average and spending aroud 10 euros

still it seems people beneath 17 go rarelly more often than once a week spending about 3 euro and boys more rarelly7 then girls even up to being 20

that's all i know from inquiries in my classes we did randomly

jimmyboy

May 11, 2006
Visit site
I go to a coffee house maybe twice a month, on my day off. I go there typically to read, or to meet with a friend. Rest of the time I drink coffee from home since it's much cheaper that way. :D