Coffee syrup questions

floorman

Sep 26, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
Hello all I have a question about coffee syrups and sauces what would you say is you favorite syrups or sauces that you might use at your coffee cart,drive thru or cafe such as monin, torani, 1883, etc.
Thank you for any feed back you would like to give

NewToTheBiz

Dec 4, 2004
Visit site
Of all of you who said Monin, have you tried 1883?

I used to say Monin too, but now its a toss up and I think I like 1883 better.

Just wondering.

:grin:

NewToTheBiz

Dec 4, 2004
Visit site
Yes, I own a coffeehouse.

Da Vinci? Really? Have you tried Monin and 1883?

The problems with Da Vinci and Torani are that they are available in grocery stores including Walmart - not exactly what I want my customer to see. And they both use artificial flavors and preservatives - why would you put something that has preservatives and artificial flavors in the very best all natural coffee you serve?

I am not sure what price you are paying for Da Vinci, but I have found that all of them are comparatively priced.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
have played with 1883...some tasted artificial...not just my opinion either...had some others(brewmaster and chefs) and they thought the same.

luvmyespresso

Feb 2, 2005
Faucett, Missouri
Visit site
now i know i just make my own at home but i have bought davinci,torani,stirling,and monin
best i think out of those is monin
second is stirling which is really good but has preservatives
the rest are thin like water and lak the flavor IMOP

I have rethought my org. post.I know like to press coconut meant to distill syrup, slave over the stove to make homemade chocolate,import and distill vanila beans, toast my own marshmellos for suase, I squeeze pepermint leaves and capture the true esensse of the mint. I have developed an organic ( not certified and not child/bird frendly) kiwi processing system, and mostly I am happy with the results of sarcasm......I guess I'm a Virtual canadian.