Compresso 560 conical burr grinder?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
That's great! If you're satisfied with what you're achieving that's fine. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I will say that going to a quality conical burr grinder will give you much better results than what you're drinking right now. I know it can be hard to justify the cost, but I'm glad I switched. Some people spend hundreds and even a thousand or more for some grinders, but I'm totally happy with my Infinity. Maybe when I get a higher end espresso machine I might need a higher end grinder to really maximize the results, but for now my setup works great. Later!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Believe me, the Infinity is a fantastic all-around grinder. The ABS housing version is $90. That's hard to beat for such a quality grinder. I bought the brushed chrome version, which is a die-cast zinc housing which also has a grounding 3rd prong on the electrical cord. That helps eliminate static as well as grounding the body. It has a fairly small footprint when compared to others, but it's very compact and very solid. The timer-type dial allows for timed grinding or pulse grinding. I really like the burr setup. The upper burr carrier is very beefy and is made of some type of heavy duty nylon. Very strong and slightly flexible to avoid snapping. It also has a large O-ring around it to prevent grounds from getting outside of the grinding chamber, which really makes cleanup a breeze. On top of the lower burr there is a small nylon auger that pulls the beans right into the burrs. I've used many different types of beans from dry to super-oily and all feed with no hesitation. Connected to the bottom burr is a carousel-type wheel that spins and ejects the grinds through a short chute and into the bin below. You can also remove the bin and grind right into a portafilter. Easy to clean is an understatement. Remove the bean hopper and simply lift the upper burr out. That's it. When it's all clean simply lower the burr carrier back into the grooves, put the hopper back in place and go back to your previous setting. That's it. One thing I will truly say, alot of thought went into this grinder to make it easy to use, easy to adjust, easy to clean and it's built with quality components. That's all I can say. Later!

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Sounds incredible! Again...I only do Brikka and Moka pot as far as espresso like so this should work - will it do good french press grind?

I usually just use grindz to clean the grinder and was told I can only have to take the grinder apart for cleaning once in a while.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I think the Infinity is an excellent all-around grinder and can certainly grind for anything I've tried yet. I've tried on the coarsest setting (which shaved the beans in large flakes) and all the way down to Turkish (which came out like baby powder). I couldn't believe how fine and consistent it would grind. I really think you'll be pleased with its quality, performance, looks and great taste produced by it. I bit the $140 bullet and I'm happy and that's not something that happens often. Later!

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
You're a big help, Shadow - thanks! I have the local Kitchen Kapers shop checking on their price for the Infinity which for them is special order since they only carry the plastic version. This store is close to me so I can support the local business and save on shipping.

I noticed today with my Cuisinart burr grinder......it drops a teaspoon size mound of powder in with the correct grinds.......odd?? This usually comes either right at the beginning of the grind or the end - hard to determine!