Creative minds needed to help name our mobile drink truck. !

sipngo

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone! I live in West Virginia and my fiancé and I are building a mobile drink truck. We will offer coffee, iced coffee's, espresso drinks as well as snow cones, Italian cream sodas, seasonal drinks such as hot chocolate and hot apple cider, as well as sweet tea and lemonade in the summer. Looking for some catchy name, but I do not want to particularly relate to coffee since we will have such a variety of drinks. My first choice has always been Sip N Go, but I'm not really sure that's just it. The truck is a red P 30 step van that was used by a fire department so it has lights and the paint job is really good on it so we want to keep that and add to the wrap from there. We also somewhat like The Sip Station....to pay homage to the fire department look. But I'm really just not sold on anything yet. Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Green Joe was named after a ship, The Guiseppe Verdi, that made voyages from Naples, Italy to Ellis Island in the early 1900's. It's how my great grandfather made it to the country. I named the truck in honor of the American Dream that he pursued. I'm a big fan of having a story behind the name. Having meaning. IMHO, business is often a self reflection of your personal values. Not sure if that's what answer you were looking for but if not the word TOAST has a dual meaning, to both burn something as well as toast a drink. Hope it helps and if you every have any questions, throw them my way!

RoastOnCoast

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone! I live in West Virginia and my fiancé and I are building a mobile drink truck. We will offer coffee, iced coffee's, espresso drinks as well as snow cones, Italian cream sodas, seasonal drinks such as hot chocolate and hot apple cider, as well as sweet tea and lemonade in the summer. Looking for some catchy name, but I do not want to particularly relate to coffee since we will have such a variety of drinks. My first choice has always been Sip N Go, but I'm not really sure that's just it. The truck is a red P 30 step van that was used by a fire department so it has lights and the paint job is really good on it so we want to keep that and add to the wrap from there. We also somewhat like The Sip Station....to pay homage to the fire department look. But I'm really just not sold on anything yet. Ideas? Thanks in advance!

We agree that is very important to have an authentic story to connect people to your brand. What is the history of firetrucks/ firefighters in West Virginia? Is there something unique in the name and story that can help you stand out from the crowd (Hook-N-Ladder Drinks) with each beverage connected to the name (Ladder Lemonade, Sweet Safety Cider). These are silly examples, but the point is, think of your branding strategy across the entire concept of the business and fire it up!

Think of everything connected to your brand: Story, Signage, Uniforms, Name, Logo, Fonts, Website. Make your branding concept consistent, honest and relatable. If you have the ability to connect it to a personal story, even better...maybe you had/have a relative who is a firefighter? Maybe a portion of your drink sales are donated to your local station? Spend an hour or two brainstorming and remember not to edit anything in the beginning. Let the ideas flow freely and you'll put out the four-alarm challenges in no time!

All said, it's a great use of an old firetruck, and positioned in the right way, you will really stand out from the crowd. Participate in parades, stop by your local fire station and give the guys a cool drink on a hot day. Hope that gets the embers glowing!

----RoastOnCoast (ROC)