Cuban coffee

kanacubancoffee

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes, we unfortunately do not have any Cuban beans in our coffee since there is an embargo on Cuba. We just celebrate the traditional style the coffee is roasted in. This is why our coffee has so much flavor locked into every roast. There is no other way around it, you just have to try it to know!

I think hes talking about telepathy... he thinks the beans "Cuban"

Pretty sweet method.. you should try my Atlantian Blend. You've not experienced coffee from Atlantis until you've experienced mine. But there is no embargo with Atlantis at this time, so it kinda robs the novelty.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Great thread, but couldn't we just get Cuban coffee in Canada and bring it back here? I just crossed the border twice this past January with no trouble. Heck, I didn't even notice my tags and drivers license were expired until I got home that evening. Oh my, national security is pretty lax on both sides here guys, so bring us some Cuban beans.

C

coffeeloverlisa

Ahhhhh yeeessssss... buy coffee in CANADA and bring it back there!

PURE GENIUS!!!!

Oh Canada! our home and native land!

Everybody SING!...

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well I make Cuban style coffee at work by pulling shots with raw sugar mixed with the grounds. The sweetness sort of softens the bite of the shot and balances it somewhat making it easier for newbies to enjoy.

Never seen/used actual Cuban grown beans, but surely they couldn't be superior to beans from most other locations unless tradition is what's important. Later!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
OK, if Cuban grown beans are THAT good why do I never see them offered anywhere? Not much info out there available from what I see either. Do hear Ethiopia, Kenya, etc. mentioned quite frequently..... What, does Cuba have some sort of monopoly on these special beans that will revolutionize the coffee industry as we know it? IMO Cuba has very little to offer. They can stick those beans up their butt just like the nasty cigars they think they're so good at rolling. Later!

C

coffeeloverlisa

NASTY Cigars???

Thems fighting words Mister.

Care to step outside.

*slaps face with wet noodle*

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Problem is people associate Cuba with having the best cigars..... that's just opinion, not fact. Same with Brazil. The store I work at is centered around everything being Brazilian. Most of the true Brazilian products I've tried there leave alot to be desired and the owners insist we use Brazilian coffee beans ONLY. They talk about how awesome Brazil is and I've told them "if it's that great then move the hell down there." Brazil cranks out alot of beans, but they're far from the best quality out there. Ask anybody who knows their beans.

Same with Cuban beans. I think they're touted as being great because the volume is probably low, like Jamaican Blue Mountain. Doubt they're the best in most people's opinion, just more rare. Same with Kopi Luwak. Just because they're super rare and are crapped out doesn't make them outstanding, just so rare it entices people that just have to have it.

And yeah I do throw out fighting words simply because I love to piss others off. Later!

C

coffeeloverlisa

I love a good Cuban Cigar. And I love a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain.

As for Brazillian, I hear they make a good wax but does not mean I want one.

xo