Customize drinks for Jura?

jriker

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
So I go big and get the Jura Z6. Am now thinking of returning it and getting the Z8 but thought I'd check here. Having to pay an additional thousand for like 3 additional drinks and a touchscreen seems ridiculous. But apparently for $3500 you can't make a basic Café Latte. Have to get the Z8. OK so what is a basic latte? Assuming it's coffee on the bottom, warm milk infused into that, and foam on the top. But Jura doesn't let you create your own drinks, you have to copy ones that already exist and thru the app or the main screen no easy way to tell what order things come out in. So like if I copy the Cafe Macchiato it is milk, coffee, foam with distinct separations. But none of my given drinks would work. Even a flat white, there is no foam in that so can't "add" it to a custom drink. Am I missing something? Thought with this machine you could create your own custom drinks with custom orders for outputting each ingredient and how much of each.

JR

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Per their spec sheet the Z6 should be able to make:

Products
Latte macchiato
Flat white
Cappuccino
Macchiato
2 x Coffee
Coffee
2 x Espresso
Espresso
2 x Ristretto
Ristretto
Milk
Milk foam
Hot water
Number of speciality coffees

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
So I go big and get the Jura Z6. Am now thinking of returning it and getting the Z8 but thought I'd check here. Having to pay an additional thousand for like 3 additional drinks and a touchscreen seems ridiculous. But apparently for $3500 you can't make a basic Café Latte. Have to get the Z8. OK so what is a basic latte? Assuming it's coffee on the bottom, warm milk infused into that, and foam on the top. But Jura doesn't let you create your own drinks, you have to copy ones that already exist and thru the app or the main screen no easy way to tell what order things come out in. So like if I copy the Cafe Macchiato it is milk, coffee, foam with distinct separations. But none of my given drinks would work. Even a flat white, there is no foam in that so can't "add" it to a custom drink. Am I missing something? Thought with this machine you could create your own custom drinks with custom orders for outputting each ingredient and how much of each.

JR
JR
True but nothing stops you from combining standard ingredients, for example, pull an espresso shot or two, standard milk (stop when desired quantity), standard milk foam (stop when desired quantity) not automatic like a standard recipe but expands your repertoire
CupaGil.

Last edited: