Empty stomach?

gsan

Dec 12, 2020
Visit site
Is it better to drink coffee which isnt too strong with cream or milk on an empty stomach or with food in the morning? Which is healthier to do?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Simply figure out what works best for you and stick with it as what all others do likely won't apply.
My daily regimen is starting with 3 double ristrettos within 20 mins or so then will eat a bit like a Clif bar or homemade biscotti along with a pint of whole milk. A few hrs later I will consume 2-3 more double ristrettos and call it good. Sometimes mid day I'll have an energy drink to maintain what bit of energy I can muster up. Have no side effects to consuming upwards of 1 gram of caffeine in 4-5 hrs as I do it fairly often. Honestly don't care for a healthy side to it all as if what I've survived in this life hasn't destroyed me I consider caffeine in mass quantities the least of possible threats.

Feb 27, 2023
New York
Visit site
Is it better to drink coffee which isnt too strong with cream or milk on an empty stomach or with food in the morning? Which is healthier to do?
I personally like to drink coffee with cream and a little sugar on an empty stomach. It gives me an energy boost for the day. In terms of health, it's probably better to have it with food in the morning to avoid upsetting your stomach.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Well - what they are doing is creating backlinks to their website. So more backlinks, more traffic to their website ... not just direct traffic; the main reason is that it increases their SEO ratings and will rank higher in google searches with backlinks. Most likely, since this forum is not managed daily, it is one of the easy targets for backlinks.

Feb 27, 2023
New York
Visit site
It really depends on the individual and their own health needs. Generally speaking, it is not recommended to drink coffee on an empty stomach, as it can cause an upset stomach and can also increase the risk of developing heartburn. Coffee can also increase the production of stomach acid, which can be uncomfortable and can lead to other digestive issues.

However, if you do choose to drink coffee on an empty stomach, it is best to opt for a milder blend with cream or milk. This will help to reduce the acidity of the coffee and make it easier to digest. Additionally, adding cream or milk can help to slow down the absorption of caffeine, which can help to reduce the risk of experiencing any adverse effects.

In terms of which is healthier to do, it is generally better to have coffee with food in the morning. This will help to reduce the risk of developing any digestive issues, as well as providing some additional nutrients and energy. Additionally, having food with your coffee can help to slow down the absorption of caffeine, which can help to reduce the risk of experiencing any adverse effects.

gsan

Dec 12, 2020
Visit site
It really depends on the individual and their own health needs. Generally speaking, it is not recommended to drink coffee on an empty stomach, as it can cause an upset stomach and can also increase the risk of developing heartburn. Coffee can also increase the production of stomach acid, which can be uncomfortable and can lead to other digestive issues.

However, if you do choose to drink coffee on an empty stomach, it is best to opt for a milder blend with cream or milk. This will help to reduce the acidity of the coffee and make it easier to digest. Additionally, adding cream or milk can help to slow down the absorption of caffeine, which can help to reduce the risk of experiencing any adverse effects.

In terms of which is healthier to do, it is generally better to have coffee with food in the morning. This will help to reduce the risk of developing any digestive issues, as well as providing some additional nutrients and energy. Additionally, having food with your coffee can help to slow down the absorption of caffeine, which can help to reduce the risk of experiencing any adverse effects.
Do most people drink their coffee with food or alone?

baristaraimo

Jan 20, 2023
Millburn, NJ
Visit site
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to whether it is better on an empty stomach or with food. Some people think coffee on an empty stomach can cause stomach issues, while others say it is no big deal. So, it is a matter of personal preference and tolerance when deciding what works best for you. You may experiment with different approaches to see what makes you feel good.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I always consume 3 doubles before eating just to get that tiny bit of caffeine doing its thing, then eat so that slows the absorption rate for the following 2-3. Thankfully I have never been bothered by coffee/caffeine in any problematic way.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I am skeptical of "generally speaking" advice above. Look, if you have a cup of coffee on an empty stomach and it makes you sick or gives you indigestion, than don't do it again.

I have two cups of coffee before I have any breakfast. One waiting for me bedside as soon as I rise, and one at table before food is served. I would not want to live any other way.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Drinking coffee on an empty stomach can help with weight loss. And regularity.

It impacts everyone a little different. There is no one rule that fits everyone. My suggestion is that if it bothers you, don't do it.