Equipment Needed to Get Started

GoldieMN

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read: 1. The Bunn VPR is a good choice for brewed coffee. 2. For espresso/latte/cappa, a semi-automatic machine is a good way to go if you don't know much about making specialty coffee drinks. Now, what if you know absolutely nothing and have a partner who prefers to press a button and not mess with any part of making the drinks. Would you get a super automatic machine? Has anyone tried something like this?
http://www.espresso-etc.com/espresso-machine4000.html

Goldie

Yeah the BUNN VPR is great for drip coffee. No frills and a solid workhorse that cranks out good brew consistently.

Actually you do need to be hands-on for using a semi-automatic. The more automatic a machine is the less hands-on you will need to be.

A machine such as the one in that link would be overkill for home use. We don't have a clue as to where this machine would be used. Not to mention the upfront cost of something that will probably be capable of making just average drinks.

shadow745 said:
A machine such as the one in that link would be overkill for home use. We don't have a clue as to where this machine would be used.

Actually, I included that info when I introduced myself and started all these questions. I think I covered it all in my post to. If not, let me know if I haven't given enough info.
Goldie

You most certainly did and I apologize for overlooking it. But to be honest I very seldom bother with the "Introductions" thread because it's usually like this... "Hi I'm so and so from _____ and I luv coffee"... typical replies are "welcome to the board as we luv coffee too"...... Kind of boring at times....

Back