Fascinating history of Cluwak

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Talking about the how Cluwak website came into existence, I cannot stop myself mentioning about a movie which gave a sudden rise to the popularity of Kopi Luwak. You have guess it right, the movie was – The Bucket List. When that movie was released in 2007, Stephen Bradley, who is the manager of Cluwak café, started receiving customers (mostly tourists) whose “bucket list” was to try Kopi Luwak. Later in January 2013, Stephan was finally convinced that he should start cluwak.com

Full Story: The Bucket List & Cluwak

Though there are many scenes when you can see Jack Nicholson admiring Kopi Luwak in his own style, the best moment in the movie which really grabbed the attention of audience was this -

[Morgan Freeman hands Jack Nicholson an article about Kopi Luwak, Jack Nicholson 's favorite coffee]
Morgan Freeman: Read it.
Jack Nicholson: [reading] Kopi Luwak is the world's most expensive coffee. Though for some, it falls under the category of "too good to be true." In the Sumatran village, where the beans are grown, lives a breed of wild tree cat. These cats eat the beans, digest them and then... defecate.
[pauses]
Jack Nicholson: The villagers then collect and process the stools. It is the combination of the beans and the gastric juices of the tree cat that give Kopi Luwak...
[Morgan Freeman starts laughing]
Jack Nicholson: ...its unique flavor... and aroma. You're shitting me!
Morgan Freeman: [laughing] Cats beat me to it!
[Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson both laugh hysterically]

Last edited:

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Burrrrrrrr. Up here in da midwest there is a shill, I mean chill in the air tonight, fellas.

And don't forget to bring a towel when you go to the beach…….

Latest posts