Flavored Beans vs. Syrup in Drip Coffee

Aug 3, 2006
Visit site
The major diffrence between flavored beans and flavor syrups is sugar. Beans are flavored with sugar-free oils, and allow the cupper to add sugar to taste. I often feel that in a coffee shop enviroment, single origin/blend coffees with the option of adding syrup is a fun idea, but if you want to offer real flavored coffee in your shop, ordering them that way is the best way to go. I agree with whoever said it way up there, but give me single origin anyday :D

777cory777

Jul 18, 2006
B.C., Canada
Visit site
Speaking of flavored beans, when people are grinding beans for espresso, has anybody added a couple cocoa beans? Would there be a noticable difference in taste? Would this even work? Anyone tried this?

ds40014

Jan 6, 2006
Crestwood, KY
Visit site
Flavored Coffee Beans

We are starting up a coffee shop very soon and offering flavored coffee beans was a big question. Our roaster said that if you use flavored beans, it gums up your machinery and you can't get rid of the flavors. You must take all your equipment apart and clean it, which can be very time consuming and expensive. His suggestion was to add syrup. We may offer flavored coffees (n bags) for people to take home and fix when they can't visit our shop for a handcrafted drink!