Florida Winters

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Just wanted to rub it in a bit. Things have been insane here. I was able to take the time and enjoy the chilly 69 degreee weather by roasting outside. Hope y'all are staying warm!
Florida winter.jpg

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Hah! I sort of get it. I am a summer child. Born in the middle of the summer at the end of July. I love being able to walk around in shorts and Birkenstocks or bare feet and take in the warmth, sun, etc. But I'm also one of those people who appreciates all four seasons. They each have something to offer. My least favorite is Spring. It's only redeeming quality is that it lets me know summer is just around the corner. But fall is amazing with the leaves falling, the air is crisper so there is less sweating during outdoor activities. And winter is amazing, especially during and after a big snowfall. The quiet is wonderful as is the crunching sound of your boots in the snow. And then there's skiing. Nothing like skiiing all day, then coming back to the cabin, lighting a fire, pouring your favorite alcoholic beverage and cooking up a wonderful meal. I know all about Florida. My grandmother lived there and we would visit often. My brother lives there now. My mother lives there now. My mother in law lives there now. During my career I've done a lot of business down in Florida. I have to say I don't really like it. It's just too much of the same thing. I dont' see myself retiring there. I may end up eating those words but at the moment I would prefer to live in the mountains of NY. Maybe head to Florida for a couple months. But that would be it. Now, I haven't had my morning coffee yet so I'm going to brew me up some french press with Bluestone Sumatra Takengon.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Years of gripping coffee sacks and using a trier for long periods of time is probably the reason I have arthritis. The cold kills my hands. I need the warmth but hate the sun because it plays havoc on my tattoos. I love skiing as well but I can take a vacation to do that. Love to skateboard even though I am almost 50 though I just try and do it after the sun goes down.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
My mother taught me to say nothing when I don't having anything positive to say... LOL

I can't complain too much... still in the 40-50s .. not bad for a midwest December.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Just wanted to rub it in a bit. Things have been insane here. I was able to take the time and enjoy the chilly 69 degree weather by roasting outside. Hope y'all are staying warm!
View attachment 10864

Yes, you rubbed it in a bit. But, at least it's good to know that you're taking time to enjoy the outdoors - even though you're still technically working.

From the photo, it looks like you're using your new little roaster that you put on a cart. Does it roast as good as the old one?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It roasts the same if not better. It's quieter for sure. I am not sure if you can see but I actually have pants on. It was a bit chilly when I left in the morning(65degrees) Today though the world is right again! Back in shorts because we started the morning at 72 degrees.