Frothing flavored creamers?

carlamoose

Dec 31, 2007
PA, USA
Visit site
Has anyone tried frothing flavored liquid creamers (i.e. Coffeemate) instead of milk? I would assume it would have the same result. After all, I believe liquid creamers are half-and-half (with flavorings, of course). Just wanted to ask before I experimented.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I've never tried steaming/frothing creamers, but have experimented with things like YooHoo (spelling???), adding chocolate syrup to whole milk and then cranking the steam to it and a few other things over the years. If you like a certain creamer, I'd suggest finding a syrup in that flavor and then adding it to your milk and go from there. But, it never hurts to try your original idea and get back to us with how it works. Later!

carlamoose said:
Has anyone tried frothing flavored liquid creamers (i.e. Coffeemate) instead of milk? I would assume it would have the same result. After all, I believe liquid creamers are half-and-half (with flavorings, of course). Just wanted to ask before I experimented.

Oh my, you should read the ingredient statement on Coffeemate and other "non-dairy" creamers. "Non-dairy" should be your first clue. My rule of thumb, if you can't pronounce the words in an ingredient statement you should not swallow it!

I would stick with real low-fat milk for frothing. If you must flavor, use Monin or some other syrup with natural extracts for flavors.

Mako