Help!

TruckGirl1362

Mar 18, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
I have had so much trouble with this machine. It's a Casadio Undici. It started sputtering towards the end of each shot so I changed out the gasket. It's still doing it and I can not find any forums that have the same problem.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I tried posting the video but the site wont let me. I will try again after I complete my roasting. I did send you an email explaining that your grind is way off. Espresso is coming out looking like iced tea. Grind your coffee finer and you shouldn't have any issues. That being said are you back fushing your machine with chemicals at night and without chemicals during the day periodicaly? Hope you get this sorted. Let us know what you find.

TruckGirl1362

Mar 18, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
I tried posting the video but the site wont let me. I will try again after I complete my roasting. I did send you an email explaining that your grind is way off. Espresso is coming out looking like iced tea. Grind your coffee finer and you shouldn't have any issues. That being said are you back fushing your machine with chemicals at night and without chemicals during the day periodicaly? Hope you get this sorted. Let us know what you find.
Yes. It is backflushed regularly. I have gone through every grind possible and it makes no difference. When it first started doing this it would pour normal, I'd go to make another and it would pour quickly and like garbage, then suddenly normal. After that I went through a LOT of shots messing with the grind and nothing changed. The video I had sent was with the finest and it made no difference from course (which I knew would pour quicker than normal) to as fine as it would go.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Holy cow that was difficult. Had to end up uploading to youtube to be able to post. How long have you owned your grinder and have you ever replaced your burrs? I am assuming you are using an epsresso grinder? How old is the coffee you are using, how much coffee are you putting in the portafilter and how much tamp pressure are you applying? Lastly can you take a pic of your group heads with out the porta filter in? I am sorry for all the questions but its hard to diagnose with out seeing the grind. We will get you sorted ;)

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Here is a pretty good video on espresso.
personally I still tamp at 30lbs of pressure even though this video says you do not have to. Hope this was helpful.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I'm old school like Topher... I teach my customers to tamp at 30lbs. This appears to be a) freshness of coffee issue b) grounds too large 3) tamp - but doubtful this has huge effect.

TruckGirl1362

Mar 18, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
I've been tamping the same way for 15 years. The grind looks like it should from my regular and my decaf grinder and they come out the same. I took some grinds to a friend's shop last night and they poured normal there. I still don't think it is a grind issue.