How could someone drink coffee without staining their teeth?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
How could someone drink coffee without staining their teeth? a straw maybe? can a coffee lover please tell me. rsvp.

Hello Lunfardi,

To avoid staining their teeth, many people use a straw to drink their coffee.

Also, some people rinse their mouths with water after drinking coffee in an effort to avoid stains.

We have had several discussions on this topic in recent years.

Please feel free to use the handy search tool that is at the top right corner of your screen. Just type in the topic that you want to research, and it will find threads and discussions that we've had in the past.

~ Rose

bobby1987

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
how could someone drink coffee without staining their teeth? a straw maybe? can a coffee lover please tell me. rsvp.

[FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]YES, IT DOES![FONT=&quot]”.

[/FONT]
Indeed, there are two methods to it based upon on your consuming consistency.

If you consume 1 or 2 glasses of coffee a day. You can consume a full Glass mineral water right after completing your cup of coffee.
However, if you are regularly consuming coffee throughout the day. A simple sip mineral water after a sip of coffee will help you regularly clean the mouth area and teeth from most of coffee acidity and remains, so you will prevent spots easily.

RonnieCabana

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Drinking teeth-staining beverages through a straw could prevent them from contacting your teeth.
Just like rinsing out that coffee cup that sat out overnight, brushing or rinsing your mouth immediately after drinking your tea or coffee will help negate these beverage’s staining effects. Even if you don’t have time to brush, rinsing will help to remove staining agents from the surface of your teeth before any lasting damage can be done.

ookami

Aug 18, 2016
California
Visit site
A straw works. I don't drink coffee as often as I used to, so I avoid teeth staining nowadays. However, if you drink at least 1-2 cups per day, brushing your teeth twice a day might help. And I find that adding milk also reduces the staining.

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
I have been drinking lots of coffee since I was around 16. I am now 55. I do not have coffee stained teeth. Why? Easy answer: I brush my teeth very well 3 times a day: In the morning, the afternoon, and at night. And I do a floride rinse before bedtime. Not too hard. I have 3 fillings in my mouth and the last time I saw a dentist was 20 years ago.

Oh and by the way, I do not do this to minimize any coffee stain issues. I do this to minimize teeth falling out of my face. The no coffee stains is a happy benefit.

Last edited: