How many drink their coffee black vs. cream/sugar, etc

thesicilianhideaway

Sep 18, 2008
St. Charles, Illinois
I was just curious as to how much of the population like their coffee black (au natural) vs. how many add other stuff to it that change the flavor. How do you take your coffee?

I'm a flavored creamer kind of gal.

omegapd

Sep 4, 2008
Deep South, GA
I always try new coffees black to get a taste for them...the majority of coffee I drink has sweetener added to it, though. Can't break the habit...

EW

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Sweetened coffee makes me gag so no sugar or flavors in mine. I have a couple dark roasted blends (El Diablo from Intelligentsia & Peet's Major Dickason) that I like half & half in. I drink my s/o brews & espresso black.

SlowRain

Jul 16, 2008
a Canadian expat in Taiwan
Milk and sugar (it's too difficult to find cream over here). I've even put honey in coffee, which is nice provided you also like the flavor of that particular honey. I add flavored syrups if I'm making a latte.

caffe biscotto

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
I'm a straight black man myself...

wait, am I in the right forum?

No, seriously, I've even switched to no cream or sugar at restaurants too and enjoying it for whatever it's worth. That way, I can better judge the quality of the coffee. Heck, I even drank two cups of my grandma's coffee black... and it was harsh!