How much coffee do you drink in one day?

Farquard

Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
Many coffee nuts have humdreds if not thousands invested in coffee brewing, roasting etc.
It would be interesting to know how much coffee the average Joe drinks in one day.
I drink about three cups made with a French Press when I get up and later in the day a few espressos and a Cappacino or two.
We should be able to crown a champ!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
well....invested personally only around under $400 dollars...at work..including coffee(green) well over $500,000. I probably drink 6 or more 16 oz coffees a day...and maybe 4 or more single espresso...no capps or lattes...I think milk is yucky....that is on days that I work...days off I stop at 3 different coffee shops and have at least one 16 oz coffee at each shop and no more than 2 shots of espresso total....

Farquard

Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
Really wonder what people drink

Here in southern Oregon, you can't drive ten blocks before encountering a coffee espresso outlet. Same is true in Washington and California.
What do the majority drink? Straight espresso, latte, cappocino, or those super goofed up sweetened drinks (one is called "Snickers"
When I stop at one and order a double espresso, they look at me like I'm crazy.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Moderation?

I drink about 3 French Presses worth (24 oz. each) when not at work, and about 1 French Press full (24 oz) plus a 10 cup pot of drip brew if working...but this is only 'cause I restrain myself and strive for moderation! :-D

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
Um, yesterday I had a 16oz travel mug in the car in the morning and then 10 mugs worth in a day a, sorry dont know how many oz that would work out as, there about 4 in tall and 3 in wide. This may not be an average figure, as I just counted everything yesterday so this could vary quite a lot. I do find though that if I make a big pot then I cant let it sit there and go stale on me. On weekends I think that I probably drink less, but the quality is better, no works instant coffee muck, or it could be that if i dont drink a lot in work there's a danger of me actually going to sleap. :-D

When I was at Uni I used to go through 15 cups a day (in various forms- espressos, filter coffee, long-blacks etc....). These days I guess I drink 5-6 standard cups a day. Fortunatley I have plenty of choice about what I drink, so I can mix it up a little. For example- this morning I had 2 espressos (Irian/Sumatran origins). Just now I am drinking Java from my French press. For Lunch I will have a long-black (not one of mine- a competitors blend, but good). Later I have a couple of hotel appointments where I will try and stomach some other competitor coffees that are piss poor :evil: . Before bed will have another french press- Wamena beans soaked in martini mix....makes for pleasant and interesting dreams

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have figured it out...teabagger is a mere child...parents wont let him drink coffee...worried it will stunt his growth...and at 4'3" they are worried he will always get picked on and beat up in the "real" world..see the thing is, here he is a big man with a big mouth...but in real life he is a small boy with a big mouth...and probably a black eye :roll:

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
I apologise for my obvious error then, if I was wrong about everything else then, it would be a bad case of fishy fingers, I stand corrected. Now I'm going for another cup of that delicious coffee I've got. Hmm must mark that on my chart.

Over Caffienated

Mar 2, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
TeaLover, MoreCaffineinTea,
why don't you leave and come back when you can spell big words like "caffiene" and are capable of inventing valid arguements for whatever your cause may be, as opposed to calling everyone childish names like "wanker" or "little bitches" In short come back when you've grown up!

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
Hello, cant you read, it says Bristol UK :roll:
and you cant spell politically can you :!:

Isn't it a bit late for you to be posting? you guys normally have your hour online and then leave. Got extra time for being a good boy today?