How much coffee do you drink in one day?

espressomaniac

Jul 8, 2004
Tacoma
Visit site
forums/coffee

The threads get totally lost when they get edited yet are allowed to keep on posting, from the gis of it, someone said something wrong, so I guess I should be making a comment back to the original post. How much coffee, etc. etc....

Well, I drink 2 cups a day, never more, never less. The reason is, if I drink more, I'll be up all night, even past what I normally am at, also, I tend to find myself more irritatable when I drink more. In the past, in our shop, we had commercial machines running and beans all over the place, so it was free for anybody to use anytime, unfortunately it backfired since we drank too much espresso and ended up learning the hard way, too much coffee is not good on your emotional state and it's very easy to get edgy as well as make mistakes you wouldn't normally make. I'm thinking of a 12 step program for some of the above posters, hehe :), I'd shutter to think of someone dealing with me after 10 cups of coffee, I bounce off the walls enough without it.

My equipment......well, is lacking big time, I know, I'm not politically correct without haveing a monster set up at all, but I'm very much a coffee maniac, I live eat and breath this industry, just don't look at my weak set up for my own personal espresso machine, I'm taking a trip down south to rectify it, may end up Tim Tayloring it, but for now, as long as I get my caffine and the beans are good, it's a decent cup of joe.

I just make a couple of shots, throw in some milk and sugar to cool it down and sweeten it up and call it good, haven't even used the steam wand once, when I get something commercial for home use, I'll just pour a couple of shots and call it entirely good, no need to add anything to it since I know how to pour straight espresso and have it palletable, just this little home unit cannot produce that no matter how good the stock is. I'm thinking bezzera bz40 when I make the upgrade.