How to store Beans

The horse-to-water line is pretty funny considering you still haven't really addressed the evidence I posted.

I have vast numbers of coffee review notes on this site, all recent. Feel free to peruse them, to figure out where I'm coming from. I'm not prepared to go "15 rounds" on details with you, unless I'm sure you've got pretty good taste buds.
 
I have vast numbers of coffee review notes on this site, all recent. Feel free to peruse them, to figure out where I'm coming from. I'm not prepared to go "15 rounds" on details with you, unless I'm sure you've got pretty good taste buds.
Your answer to "you haven't addressed the evidence I posted" is that you won't address it unless I first prove my taste buds are good enough?

I'm sure your many coffee reviews show that you have plenty of experience tasting coffee. But I shouldn't have to go through "vast numbers" of your reviews to figure out what evidence supports the storage claim you made here. If there's something in them that's relevant to this question, post it.

This was never particularly about my palate. You made a general claim that this storage method is going to cause problems. I posted evidence that at least calls that certainty into question, and you still haven't really addressed it.

If you don't want to keep going, that's fine. But requiring me to qualify as a taster, or sending me off to read your review history, still isn't an answer to the evidence I posted.
 
Your answer to "you haven't addressed the evidence I posted" is that you won't address it unless I first prove my taste buds are good enough?
Yes. It actually takes quite a lot of time and effort, to get to the level of proof you want out of things. Reading papers, watching videos, finding other people's results. If you are at the level where you know what you're talking about, as far as how things taste, it may be worth it. But if you can't tell, there's no point. That's just busywork for me, and I don't care about winning a debate with you. I care about what gets more people to brew good coffee.

Basic calibration: what's the last coffee you brewed, and how did you brew it?
 
Yes. It actually takes quite a lot of time and effort, to get to the level of proof you want out of things. Reading papers, watching videos, finding other people's results. If you are at the level where you know what you're talking about, as far as how things taste, it may be worth it. But if you can't tell, there's no point. That's just busywork for me, and I don't care about winning a debate with you. I care about what gets more people to brew good coffee.

Basic calibration: what's the last coffee you brewed, and how did you brew it?
This is getting more pretentious with every post.

First you weren't prepared to go "15 rounds" unless you were sure I had "pretty good taste buds." Now it's "Basic calibration:" and I have to tell you what coffee I brewed and how I brewed it before you decide whether I'm worth the effort of answering. That's some seriously self-important gatekeeping.

And now you're talking about the "level of proof" I want, as though I demanded some exhaustive scientific case. I didn't. That's a straw man. I asked you for any evidence supporting the claim you made.

You're the one who brought up papers, videos and other people's results. If those are what your confidence is based on, pointing me to the relevant material is a whole lot easier than the massive research project you're pretending I asked for.

The "other people's results" part is especially funny considering you were willing to bring up some unidentified person whose frozen coffee was supposedly "garbage," even though you couldn't remember the details or even where you saw it. Apparently that counted without any "basic calibration."

You made a confident claim, then gave me the horse-to-water routine as though your word was the water. Now that I'm asking what the claim is actually based on, I apparently have to pass your coffee tests before you'll bother showing me.

If you really care about getting people to brew good coffee, support the advice you give them. Turning a simple request for evidence into a test of whether someone is worthy of your time is exactly the kind of self-important nonsense that's made this whole exchange so ridiculous.
 
This is getting more pretentious with every post.

You haven't said a word about what you brew, or what you like. Just a lot of "you want to win" stuff - at great length! - that is a waste of time.

If you want to give your coffee buying, freezing, brewing, and tasting results in another thread, that would be a productive use of time.

Or you could even do it right here. I'm not picky.
 

Latest posts

Premium Sponsors

Back
Top Bottom