How to store Beans

I agree that firsthand experience trumps all secondhand advice. I can do freezing trials, but I'm still in the middle of carbon dioxide trials.

Why prove anything to others about coffee? Because if we never proved anything about coffee, people wouldn't even know how to grind their own beans and so forth. They'd be helpless, and often drinking inferior coffee. The world can do better than that, so some of us prove things about coffee.

But, knowing what's worth the effort and what isn't, that takes experience. There are lots of ways to get lost in the weeds.



I am intrigued by that, and will be asking some questions in another thread. If someone comes up with a basically better strategy, tactics may not matter anymore.
Thing is taste/expectations will always be subjective... as in what might be inferior to you will be top notch to others. Who's to say they're misguided, wrong, etc.? I know many that are just fine with instant, 24/7 hot plate sludge at Waffle House, Dunkin Donuts K-cups, etc. If someone makes the effort to ask how I do things then sure I'll explain how things work for me, whether they can make use of it or not isn't my concern.

Will also say if you took the time/effort to get into home roasting you would never have to bother with long term storage experimentation as you can do what you want as needed, age/rotate batches to max out right when you need it, etc. Doesn't have to be costly either... I found a fantastic old school popper at a Goodwill yrs ago for $3, factor in quality green for say $6-8/lb and have at it. Sweet Maria's offers their version of a modified popper at a really good price. Actually saw one on Marketplace awhile back in my area really affordable and just 4 batches ran through it. Of course it's not easy by any means to get quality batches consistently, but will honestly say the only batches I was never satisfied with was the first 2 that I did. Since then I've done several thousand batches and no complaints at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom