I want to start my coffee brand

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
omerta: We don't deal with producers yet. The beans I mention buying above came from Royal Coffee Importers out of Oakland, Ca. We will be working with importers until we're established enough to develop direct relationships with producers by traveling to their countries.

I do have the name and contact information for a guy importing nothing but Ethiopian beans, but I have no idea of the quality. And that's a big reason to start out by doing business with a well established importer, imo.

TheCoffeeLocator

Aug 6, 2012
Milano, Italy
Visit site
Hi Omerta.
I dont know much about sourcing b ut if and when you do get set up, be sure to try out our website - it is designed especially for small roasters like yourself and allows you to set up your own coffee ecommerce store for free - The Coffee Locator .
When finished, your store should look something like this example - Caffè Bonani, Italy - TheCoffeeLocator
All pages are optimized for search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, helping boost website traffic.
It is a great way to start out your online business.
Best of luck!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Omerta,

There are few producers are selling on Ebay. It really doesn't mean they are cheaper but they are there to sell their beans and sometimes it is cheaper.
If you are looking to start small, check out those people and some of the green bean sellers like Sweet Marias, Bodhi leaf coffee, or some of others. You won't get great price but you can start your own brand without much of your capitol commitment.

I don't know if you know much about ecommerce. But it is not walk in the park. There are many thousands of sellers and millions buyers.

Good luck with your business.....

TheCoffeeLocator

Aug 6, 2012
Milano, Italy
Visit site
Ecommerce is good if you look after your brand. Like any shop on a high street, online sellers need to be look after there shop. Keep it up-to-date, well advertised, and clients must be treated well - welcomes, reviews encouraged, and feedback always responded to immediately, to build up the company image. A little like hotels are now doing with sites like last-minute, tripadvisor and airbnb (they are bending over backwards to get good/keep good reviews).

thebankercr

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello Omerta;

I wanted to follow-up with your email, I am from Costa Rica, we are working on a project to sell coffee via internet as you are trying, we have a brand Kabekcoffee.com it mean coffee bean on costa rica native language. If you are interested we can help each other, you can help being like a distributor in your country, I can be your supplier, and we can split the earnings, if you are interested we can have a conference call.

Regards

Roman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi

omerta: We don't deal with producers yet. The beans I mention buying above came from Royal Coffee Importers out of Oakland, Ca. We will be working with importers until we're established enough to develop direct relationships with producers by traveling to their countries.

I do have the name and contact information for a guy importing nothing but Ethiopian beans, but I have no idea of the quality. And that's a big reason to start out by doing business with a well established importer, imo.

i am from Ethiopia and my freind has coffee farm and wants to have importers contact all over the world, can you help us in this case?

baliexportproductS

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Kopi Bali uses only high grade beans
cultivated in the highlands of Bali, where volcanic soil and a cool climate provide a highly favourable environment for the arabica coffee tree.
so contact us
baliexportproducts yahoo com

Last edited:

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you have to first come up with your working budget for your business. If you have your eye on Ethiopia, it is always best to travel to the country so that you can see for yourself how they grow coffee. From there, you can then do the next steps.

As what has been advised, you may need to start small and form partnerships.

Goodluck!

Flori,
Blogger, CoffeeLoversOfWorld.com

shahruchir

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Supplier of Coffee Beans

Hello, we can supply you coffee beans. Kindly let us know your requirement.

waiting for your quick response..

Thanking you,

Regards,
ruchir shah.
([email protected])

Hi everybody, I'm new here and I want to start selling coffee via internet (Ecommerce). This seems to be a good forum to discuss everything about coffee, so I figured I would ask some questions. I want to import coffee from Ethiopia to Canada and start my own coffee brand. I made some research and the ethiopian coffee seems to be one of the best coffee out there. I know nothing about import/export so I would really appreciate your help.

My questions :

1. How to I find producers/growers?
2. Once I contact the producers, do I need to represent them in the country?
3. Is there any taxes related to coffee buying and importation?

Any book recommendations, websites would be great too. Thanks in advance.

Omerta, just wanted to know if you have met your goals of starting your own label ,it's been awhile from the dates and info I have read here in the forum, I am new to the forum an all your questions are very valid and so is the guidance you received. I also recently found out that my wife's family has a coffee plantation in Colombia where we take small quantities back with us to the states and now would ask the forum for guidance as to what quantity of green coffee I can take back to the states with no problems we also can roast here in Colombia. Any help with this issue would be mostly appreciated. Thank You

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
for regular joe schmo, it is impossible to go to the source (Ethiopia? from Canada) and find farms, find exporters, import green beans to Canada, clear customs, transport them to your city. find a roaster, find a graphic designer to make your own branded coffee bag, find valve bag factory, package..... WoW !!!!! can you imagine doing this? well, 1000 of coffee companies are doing it, but not for the Joe.
But if you can find a coffee factory that owns their own coffee farms, graphic artiest, roaster, peeler, packaging facility and exporting...etc in Guatemala? that they can do everything for you and ship you the roasted your own branded bean bags to your place for e-commerce business, that would be very ideal.
please check out ensoluna dot com
they do this, believe it or not. I just wanted you to know it is possible when you know right person / company in the coffee country.

Omerta

Sep 2, 2012
Quebec city
Visit site
Hi everybody. To be honest I haven't done much. I haven't been on the forum for almost 2 years but I've started to lurk a little now. Maybe I'll do something. Anyway ,good luck with your goals.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi everybody. To be honest I haven't done much. I haven't been on the forum for almost 2 years but I've started to lurk a little now. Maybe I'll do something. Anyway ,good luck with your goals.

Hi "Omerta"

Welcome back!

Thanks for the update. We often wonder what happened when someone writes posts on this Forum and then they disappear.

We hope you'll keep visiting us often.

Rose

ura1205

May 19, 2014
Visit site
[h=2]Green Mountain Coffee Roasters[/h]
I'm very fussy, grind my own beans, invested in a good coffeemaker. I never liked Starbucks coffees.

I've tried a lot of different brands and I've even experimented with roasting my own beans (don't bother). I've never found a brand that can compare in my mind with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. They have so many different types. I know people who buy two or three different varieties of GMCR and blend them.

But you have to realize that each person reacts differently. It's a very personal thing. For example, I brewed beer for years and I prefer certain micro-brewery beers over others. I like a nice body, not thin watery beer and I prefer a richer, darker brew. A friend likes Bud Light better. That's how he likes his brew.

Same with coffee. You might like brands sold by Walmart better than gourmet brands. It's your taste buds that make the judgement call.

Green Mountain Coffee